Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

Also it feels more and more like this is two separate shows. Did Betty and Jughead even interact with Archie in this episode? They shared a table, but I think that's it.

They didn't just "share a table", Archie straight up asked "hey, can I join the A-plot" and Jughead and Betty gave each other an awkward look and made an excuse to not have him go because they knew it'd just gently caress things up.

Everyone on the show knows Archie is an idiot and it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamesman posted:

But here, when you have commercial breaks for makeup that is supposedly being used on the show, and then having scenes of characters using makeup so you can have a lingering closeup of the product and brand... I've honestly never seen that before in any show and it is definitely something worth complaining about.

Is this the first TV show you watch in a decade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Reminder that Tony Topaz cyberbullied Veronica re: her ethnicity.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I did but also don't require credit for going to Netflix and screenshotting something~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Well gently caress me, I know what I am doing at the office Friday instead of working.

Yeah, we get next-day episodes on Netflix because none of the real networks picked it up.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

this is a hell of an outfit for Jughead to be wearing in New York State in, what, mid-late October?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

A sexy one?

I am very confused and enraged by the concept of sexy Jughead

You missed the Sexy Jughead bubble of 2015 eh

the entire internet wanted to gently caress jughead with the zdarsky relaunch
https://twitter.com/acosmos/status/633733403003645953/photo/1

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Alice was a character I like but I didn't expect the show to manage to get me to actively cheer for her this quickly after all the lovely stuff she has already done.

i told you...

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i like that her streak of entering a scene by angrily saying a character's full name remains unbroken

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Why is "maple syrup season" in November

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm sharing this avclub comment because yeah

quote:

Archie really IS the Nate Archibald or Riverdale, man-whoring his way around town and being completely clueless while his more capable best friend and the two major women in his life do all the heavy lifting.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GreenNight posted:

I hope the Cooper mom has a savings account cause that school paper job can't pay that well, or at all.

Please. In Riverdale, the high school paper has a larger budget than the Riverdale Register.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

discworld is all I read posted:

Yeesh, the more you know I guess. Probably just my American misconception that Canada is relatively safer all around than America.

You conception was right. Montréal had 1.2 murders per 100,000 population last year, which is less than every US city with population of 250k+ except Lincoln NE, Chandler AZ, and Irvine CA.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I am living for Veronica putting on glasses and getting down and dirty with some forensic account.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It is April 2017 and Alice Cooper is still entering scenes by dramatically saying other peoples' full names.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Joaquin is barely a character.

It's gonna be Hal, Hermione, or Archie.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the avclub spoiled me that (HUGE SPOILERS) jughead eats a hamburger in tonight's episode

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Mommy Blossom had a big melodramatic moment with Cheryl in the barn where she said "Maybe Daddy had the right idea" and Cheryl's been giving away her possessions/throwing up "SUICIDAL" warning signs ever since
It was pretty dope.

Penelope: "Why are you crying, you hated him."
Cheryl: "Don't say that, mommy"
Penelope: "We've always been cursed, ever since the original murder where brother killed brother. Who will the grim reaper take next? You? Me? Maybe your father had the right idea, just end it. Better the sweet ever after than this awful limbo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A lot of characters were really underserved this year. Pussycats, Reggie, Ethel, Polly, Kevin+Joaquin. Like, the entire K+J romance was, what, they make out a drive-through, Joaquin is introduced as Kevin's boyfriend at Jughead's party, and Joaquin leaves town? Polly was barely part of the season. I feel this season could have used like 3-5 more episodes.

• Locked thread