Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I watched this first two episodes and this sure is a... Show. Is this actually going somewhere?

EDIT: The slutshaming plotline in episode 3 is the most 'teen show written by adults' thing I've ever seen. Makes me appreciate Sweet/Vicious for not being awful.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Feb 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

But I love Veronica Mars :(

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

MorgaineDax posted:

Best Jughead scene was when he swooped in and stole that young Boy Scout's cherry in the diner.

That scene was just completely out of nowhere, suddenly he was a completely different character, for one scene.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Everything is a fake-out. The killer is going to be a side character with no previously established motivation that will exposition at length as to why they did what they did and elaborate on how they were totally there all the time. Then they'll die or go to jail. Archie's abs will also mysteriously keep appearing in the frame. I will be shocked if the ending is anything else considering how by the numbers teenage drama this show has been so far. Did none of you watch season 2 of Veronica Mars back in the days? Or at least watch Scream last year?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Actually the season finale is going to be a crossover as it turns out Barry Allen was the killer all along.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Spergatory posted:

I'm starting to gunk that Archie is just there as a baseline, to remind us what relatively normal teenager-hood looks like so the bugfuck insane antics of everyone else are placed in the proper context.

There's nothing normal about Archie.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

Also it feels more and more like this is two separate shows. Did Betty and Jughead even interact with Archie in this episode? They shared a table, but I think that's it.

They're definately struggling to connect the plot to the teenage drama b-plots.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is a hell of an outfit for Jughead to be wearing in New York State in, what, mid-late October?

Haha what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

EDIT: I thought I was in the BCS thread

• Locked thread