Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I watched through these episodes, because this recap-podcast by General Ironicus and his wife. That podcast is really great and I suggest you to follow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Who the hell would ever think that the moaning at 30 seconds is a good idea? He sounds like a mentally handicapped serial rapist with asthma.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Spergatory posted:

My only complaint is the same as it is every week; Archie has nothing to do with anything! He's just off in the corner, strumming his guitar, pulling a High School Musical and angsting about being too good at too many things. Meanwhile, his friends are off conducting an honest-to-god clandestine murder investigation, or trying to prevent the one remaining Blossom child from being sacrificed by her parents to the dark gods they worship (seriously, Alice Cooper looks reasonable next to the Blossoms).
On the one side there are two houses full of hateful/mentally ill people and a murder mystery concerning a Romeo and Juliet pairing.
On the other, there is a guy who has trouble focusing on football because he's also kinda into music. It really feels like those are two different shows.

But Archie was always the least interesting part of Archie, so I guess that's just consistent.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Feb 24, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Argue posted:

It's gonna turn out to be someone who has it in for the Andrews family, who mistook Jason for Archie. Archie is gonna go the whole season not realizing his friends are solving a murder, and in the season finale they'll save him from the murderer who's still targeting him and he'll finish the season having no clue what just happened. Classic Andrews!

Betty and Veronica both try to explain it to him over dinner, but he thinks they're both asking him out. For some reason, he schedules those dates at the same time. Then he spends all evening switching between the girls without focusing on what they have to say.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You know who has some form of motive and is always around, biding his time?
Regis! He really wanted to become quarterback. Archie dodged a bullet when he forfeited that position.

To be honest, I like it if whodunnits are confident enough to do something a bit out of the left field. But there's a gradient between "The murder was plainly obvious and it is weird that he wasn't caught instantly.", "This character did it. You wouldn't really suspect him but it kinda makes sense.", "He was killed by a person who is really into shooting random strangers in the woods." and "Demon aliens from a parallel universe used mind control on a badger to make it kill him as part of their mating ritual."

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 24, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Jamesman posted:

Also learning that maple syrup is a big historic industry to Riverdale kinda makes the whole "Sticky Maple" thing a little less silly.
Does it really?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Jossie's family (her included) is also awful.

"So you are just another gentrification sellout?"
*Stands up and leaves a few seconds before his daughter finishes her song, just to make a point.*

"Take a woman of color. We have a brand to uphold."
"In fact I'd like to give you the contract... I'd like to but I can't."

Is the idea of this show simply that the entire older generation sucks? At least Mr. Andrews is kinda nice. He's only trying to do what's right and give his son a good life, while he gets seduced by his high school lover. Edit: Patricks dad is cool too.

Also it feels more and more like this is two separate shows. Did Betty and Jughead even interact with Archie in this episode? They shared a table, but I think that's it.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 3, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
There's also a new episode of that podcast, for those who are interested.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ynohtna posted:

I'm waiting for the reveal that mama Blossom's maiden name was Vorhees.

I have no idea what that would imply. Is that an American brand? Or a tertiary Archie comics character?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Phylodox posted:

Jason wants a word with you.

Meh, I don't feel bad about not knowing that guys last name.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Phylodox posted:

According to Wikipedia, his sister's name is Forsythia. I doubt they kept that for the show, though.

Some people really want their children to hate them.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So, did this episode confirm that Jughead is literally his given name? That's what's written in his police file. It's really weird. His dad is called FP which obviously stands for Forsythe Pendelton II, so what is going on there? Did Jughead make some kind of vow to never use his real name until he can respect his dad?

That would be cheesiest thing:
"I am so proud of you dad." "And I am proud of you Jughead." "Please dad, my name is Forsythe, just like yours."

Also weird: Archie is somewhat involved in the plot again.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 10, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Then why would the police file have the fake name? That's a weird level of incompetence by the police. But it's cool to see that this ridiculous name is already there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Presumably, he isn't actually the leader, but some kind of lieutenant. It makes way more sense this way.

He started as Franks partner, he was short on money and alcohol so he decided to do some odd jobs for the gang on the side. Eventually, Frank was fed up with that poo poo and threw him out. Now unemployed, he became a full time gang member and sort of worked himself up the ladder.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Here's the link
I love that podcast. It's impressive what stupid theories they dug up. (Not an actual spoiler for the show itself) "Veronica and Jughead both have black hair, so FP is actually Hiram Lodge, who broke out of prison and joined a gang."
It's like speculating that Sheriff Keller and Josie are the same person.

I really want the show to return, though.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 24, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This show really makes a competition out of finding the worst parent. In this episode Hal Cooper edges ahead again.

"Ever since I forced you to have one, you were way to emotional and touchy about that subject, so I didn't want to inform you about the abortion. She has Blossom blood in her body. It needs to be purged! The Maple wars must not cease until the earth is cleansed of that plague!"

That guy managed to make Alice look comparatively sympathetic. I actually feel bad for her now, she only married into this insanity and might have been a normal person at some early point.

Troposphere posted:

hell yes looking forward to sabrina resurrecting jason

Greendale was name dropped this episode so they might go in that direction. Ever so slowly Greendale and it's inhabitants come into focus.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 1, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Maybe there are plenty of restaurants, but Pop's is just by far the best. The unimportant plebs who don't have speaking roles eat elsewhere.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

crowoutofcontext posted:

Also wasn't Dilton Doily supposed to be hiding the fact that he was playing with his illegal fire-arms near the lake so he wouldn't be investigated by the police? Why did he volunteer that he was at the scene of the crime in front of everyone including Cheryl and the sheriff's son? Did i forget something important or is it just supposed to be an oversite?

He was drunk and excited to share a story.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Geez Archie. It's less than a week ago that your girlfriend broke up with you because you were dating another woman. Settle down a bit.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I liked that "Kids in America" cover. I wonder if it was actually sung by the actors.
And Betty looked absolutely gorgeous with that dress and hair.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Leaving Cheryl alone after she almost killed herself was kind of a bad call. But I guess it kinda turned out fine.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Ville Valo posted:

I got the impression she was ready to come to them on the shore before she fell in. I think she changed her mind about the whole suicide thing.

Yeah it seemed that way. But suicidal people tend to be a somewhat erratic. If you talk someone down from a ledge, it certainly doesn't mean that person would never try something like that again. Leaving Cheryl on her own to go to the Jubilee just seems like a dick move.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
In the first episode it will turn out that it was just a random mugging.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

"There's a vigilante in town that calls himself 'Archiekins'. We don't have any suspects, but he's probably one of the Snakes."

By the way, I love your Pizza Dog avatar. That Matt Fraction run of Hawkeye was great. Kate is basically Veronica Lodge if she had decided to become a marvel hero. To be honest, that describes her so well, that I wonder if that was an inspiration in some way.

If Archie becomes Punisher, Veronica should become Hawkeye.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Maybe it's just the introduction music, but that narration at the start sounds weirdly joyful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

ARCHIE'S GOT A BAT! AND A GUN!

This will actually be a loose adaption of Archie meets the Punisher where they are the same person in an internal conflict.
"It all started in that park! I told them to be there. They both wanted a date so I had no choice. But then the robbers came. They are dead and it's all because of me! Crime must be pu... shed away.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 18, 2017

• Locked thread