Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

To be fair, you could make an argument that the villain of season 1 Veronica Mars came out of nowhere too and that season is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

If Archie is meant to show how hosed up your self-esteem has to be to get manipulated by someone like Grundy, I'm into seeing where his plot goes.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I like how Fred Andrews keeps doing shady poo poo for the sake of Archie. Letting Ms Grundy go seemed out of nowhere at the time, but his realization that Alice was trying to hurt his kid really made him switch gears to "protect Archie's reputation". We got to see a bit more of that with his willingness to shaft FP for the business/his family and then forging documents to put Jughead in the clear.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Finally caught up, thanks Netflix.

I love how that entire finale focuses on the ramifications of learning the truth. Sure, they solved the murder, but what does that mean for Riverdale? How will they use this information? By loving ignoring it and blaming it on people on the wrong side of the tracks. The Lodges and the Coopers try to forget everything that happened and act like a normal family, McCoy and Keller zero-in on the drugs without considering their own complicity, and Jughead gets loving thrown under the bus because no one wants their precious maple syrup empire to be evil.

This show is good.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

My favorite part of episode 13 is just how much of it is "here's the consequences of the truth and how the town is COMPLETELY ignoring responsibility"

So goddamn good

• Locked thread