Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Those of you that may have been worried about ratings, don't worry. WB and Archie are impressed with the success of the show and have signed an agreement to do more projects together.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/archie-comics-signs-development-deal-warner-bros-tv-975805

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

We can hope that fate is kind enough for that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well I loved that episode. Betty and Veronica are the best. Also Skeet Ulrich as Jughead's dad and leader of the local gang? That is just fantastic.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Previously.tv has some dude who posted spoilers and so far they've been 100% accurate. If you're so inclined...

I would ask that anyone that goes looking for these does not post them here or links to them. We can go unspoiled here.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes. Don't do that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"The horror! The horror!" I love Jughead. That was another great episode. Loving this show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I ducked out the thread after the spoiler talk early in the season, loved the whole season and thought the finale was great.

But this...

Narcissus1916 posted:

So happy that the spoilers released early were fake. I hope its kosher to post them now...

Archie chooses Betty despite having feelings for Veronica.

Archie's father Fred once rejected Betty's mother Alice in high school. He is later arrested for Jason's murder after police determines it was his gun that was used to kill Jason, which causes Archie's mother Mary to return to Riverdale.

Betty believes her mother Alice killed Jason Blossom, but it was actually her father Hal, who wanted revenge against Jason for Polly's breakdown. He framed Fred out of revenge because Alice still had feelings for Fred.

Veronica's father Hiram has been working with Jughead's father FP Jones, a local gang leader, to lower local property prices so he can seize control of Riverdale. The family's butler Smithers has secretly been acquiring said properties under ghost companies and Hiram is ultimately released and return to Riverdale as the richest man in town.

Archie and the gang find out the Blossoms were occultists and Jason attempted to fake his death to escape from their influence. Polly had a breakdown after learning about the Blossoms's activities.

Jughead finds out that there are legends of supernatural forces in the woods surrounding Riverdale and that innocent blood spilled on Sweetwater Lake is said to be the key to awaken powerful forces. It is made clear that Jason being killed and dumped in Sweetwater Lake is a unwittingly a perfect reproduction of the ritual.

Final scene of the season is Sabrina ominiously arriving at Pop's shop while Jughead reads about the results of the ritual in voice-over and how "chaos follows". She introduces herself and immediately afterwards there's a car crash just outside. Everyone steps outside to help while Sabrina flashes a smile.

Later spoilers were largely on the money, by the way.

Thank God this pile of garbage didn't happen. Holy poo poo this is terrible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Snooze Cruise posted:

I love that even though Archie is hero now who will punch through some loving ice the kid is still the biggest idiot.

I don't know if you've ever read any Archie comics, but I've been reading the new series by Mark Waid and one of the best parts is that despite good intentions Archie Andrews is one of the most bumbling incompetent idiots you'll ever come across. It's played more for great physical slapstick comedy in the comic but him being constantly clueless in a different way is a good thing to bring over to the show as well.

Some of Archie's finer moments:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Didn't Sacasa at one point say they might do yearly Halloween specials that didn't really fit into continuity and mention doing Afterlife there? I could've sworn that was mentioned at some point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's the most recent thing I can find on it:

quote:

Aguirre-Sacasa played coy when asked about the possibility of Sabrina making an appearance in Season 2, but he did admit that there was interest in featuring some sort of “Afterlife with Archie”-inspired episode, perhaps for Halloween.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-riverdale-wondercon-20170331-story.html

And several other mentions from before the series started or was even cast for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spergatory posted:

KJ Apa fell asleep at the wheel and crashed his car after a 16-hour workday. He's alright, but this has prompted the Riverdale actors to raise a huge fuss about working long hours and being expected to transport themselves to and from set.

All Vancouver productions are bad about that. On Smallville back in the day the whole supporting cast got together and forced the producers to hire a driver for Tom Welling because of the long hours on set and the long hours home from set because Welling had to be there for pretty much all of it and also had similar problems with exhaustion. I'm no fan of Welling at all, but to hear Michael Rosenbaum tell the story that dude went through hell the first few seasons on that show. Rosenbaum has a Youtube show where he interviews people and him and Welling talked about it in depth last week.

X-O fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 22, 2017

• Locked thread