Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Jugheads "crown" is actually a Whoopee Cap. It's literally just a cut up fedora, which admiringly would be even sillier in a modern context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

I'm glad they're going for Archie + Valerie, I always liked that pairing. Although I guess in this show I shouldn't hope for a happy ending there.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Can they even use Sabrina? A quick google search of who has the TV rights to the character brings up an interview with Mellissa Joan Hart implying it might be split up

Mellissa Joan Hart posted:

"They're throwing around Clarissa and Sabrina ideas, but it depends on who's going to give up rights, who's going to do it, how's it going to be done? It's a lot of politics and we are nowhere near doing anything."

The final seasons of that show were on the WB so in theory it should be good I think but I can't find anything confirming that.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Spergatory posted:

Also: shout out to the fact that Jughead just so happened to start smooching Betty in the same episode where Betty gave him a bunch of free food.

Between this and Jughead's interrogation by eating the scout's ice cream I feel they really nailed his character.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Picked up the Riverdale One Shot comic today, and whiles there's nothing earth shattering in it, there were a few neat details. Spoiler just in case:

Riverdale is apparently along the Hudson River, so the show takes place in New York State. Oddly enough Archie headquarters is also in upstate New York, but isn't in the Hudson Valley area.

Betty spent the summer interning in LA for Hello Giggles. She had a brief fling with a guy named Rad Brad, and found out about Polly and Jason on July 5th.

Archie got his guitar from his dad for his 16th birthday. The rest of his story was just showing things we already knew.

Hiram Lodge appears as basically a younger Latino version of how he looks in the comics. TBF the characters don't really resemble their show counterparts too much so I wouldn't put too much stock in this. Also he was arrested on July 4th.

Veronica had a best friend named Camilla in NYC. Cute.

Jughead pretty much ran the drive-in by himself.

One of the Serpents mentions to Jughead that his dad "doesn't give a poo poo about you. Denny was the one he cared about" no idea how that could refer too.

Archie didn't just ditch Jughead on the 4th, he was also a huge dick about it.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

DivisionPost posted:

Saturday's podcast is just going to be Grant and Alaina sobbing for an hour. drat, what an episode.

What is this in reference to? Google isn't being very helpful here.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

The episode made it sound like Jughead and Jellybean are the kids legal names. He also mentioned Jellybean going by JB, which would be odd if she had another legal name.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Maybe his sister?

Turns out I misread that panel. It was a quote from Stand By Me, not dialogue. In my defense the layout could have been clearer.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Mameluke posted:

Unironically love how little agency Archie has

Same. He really is just comic book Archie transported into a CW show.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

She didn't grow up with the rest of them in the comics though. In both the classic comics and he reboot she's introduced as the new girl. I don't even think they've bothered making her friend with Betty in the reboot. This is the first version of them that actually makes sense.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

It seems pretty set that the Blossoms murdered their son at this point isn't it? Who else could have planted the gun outside of an out of nowhere twist.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Mark Consuelos might be playing Hiram Lodge

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Well there's our Blossom incest twist. Seriously though they would be at best 3rd cousins right? Doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

So that preview "Something wicked this way comes". They better not be loving with us.

• Locked thread