Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm an episode behind so I'm not going to read the thread yet to see if anyone commented, but Jughead's search engine of choice when solving a mystery is Sleuthster :stare: This show is so for me.

Though it sucks that it just redirects to a blank WB page when you try to go. I would have bought it and made the site :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can die happy because of the intro to the newest episode. Seeing all the actors with their classic look was a dream come true after completely falling for all of them in their roles over time. I thought it would take the show a lot longer to dip into that particular well.

I think what I love the most about this show is that its writers never take the easy way out and always subvert my expectations. And that they always ride that razor-thin wire between satire and loving homage to both classic Archie and teen dramas.

Also, the show's biggest accomplishment is making me fall for both Betty and Veronica equally, something the comics never quite accomplished. Also making me fall for Cheryl, even though she'd've eaten me alive in high school.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 16, 2017

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Leave the genre trappings to the rest of the CW, keep Riverdale a pure over-the-top teen soap.

What is this from? I need to see it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I could have used an entire season of that. Archie gets bumped on the head in season 5 and goes into 50s comic land.

Honestly, all the actors could pull off the comics of that era perfectly. Just goes to show how well cast it is on multiple levels.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
So. In.

Super curious to see if this retains the period setting. And if Betty and Veronica can still show up in it as witches, and if so whether they'll use the Riverdale actresses. It'd be super confusing for general audiences if they did, though.

• Locked thread