Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm not gonna complain about any product placement less obtrusive than Chuck's Subway obsession.

EDIT: Y'know what? In a world where commercial breaks are becoming increasingly irrelevant, I'm okay with them switching entirely to in-show product placement. Ditch all ads. A three second shot of a Maybeline product versus a thirty to forty-five second ad? No contest.

Just don't be as bad about it as Chuck. Or Hawaii 5-0.

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Mar 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

cant cook creole bream posted:

I have no idea what that would imply. Is that an American brand? Or a tertiary Archie comics character?

Jason wants a word with you.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Jamesman posted:

Never watched that show, but I read about it and admittedly forgot about it. Yeah, this is definitely worse.

This borders on parody. That's some Wayne's World level poo poo. It almost (but definitely doesn't) makes me want to watch the show.

Doesn't make me want Subway, though.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I hope the show goes as balls-to-the-wall crazy as the comics. But, like, so gradually that, by season seven, we're not even phased that the main plot involves Jon Bernthal's Frank Castle fighting off the Predator while Sabrina desperately tries to undo her soul-switching spell that's got everyone in the wrong bodies.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Narcissus1916 posted:

Hermione also referred to Veronica as "mija" an episode or two ago.

Its super subtle, but definitely there in the text.

She's done so two or three times. It's more obvious when you binge.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
What's a smallville?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

esperterra posted:

Netflix is pretty good about CW in general in other countries. The 100 has the same deal here in Canadia.

And yet we can't get Arrow, Flash, or Legends of Tomorrow, since they air on CTV.

Supergirl we get, though. And now iZombie. I'd say it's a mixed bag.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

That poo poo is on crave tho along with agents of shield.

And crave is worth getting for Letterkenny alone.

I'm not going to encourage the cable companies and their ridiculous notion that they should all have their own streaming services. I watch what I can on the networks' websites the day after broadcast, then watch what's on Netflix. Anything that isn't covered by those two venues gets streamed guilt-free.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

JethroMcB posted:

Maybe his sister?

According to Wikipedia, his sister's name is Forsythia. I doubt they kept that for the show, though.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

esperterra posted:

But yeah, this version certainly works best at selling her and Betty as best friends, tho it felt like they did a time jump between episodes one and two where V was suddenly hella close with the core gang.

I don't feel that way at all. It seems to me there are a lot of scenes of Veronica basically forcefully interjecting herself into everyone else's business. She's a member of the core gang through force of will.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Snooze Cruise posted:

The Blossoms are like a Gothic verison of the family from Dallas if they had syrup instead of oil.

The Blossoms remind me of a V. C. Andrews novel. Like, you know those twins are gonna end up locked away somewhere if Ma and Pa Syrup-Baron get their way.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Tiggum posted:

I noticed that. It seemed odd.

I just figured the Blossoms had a monopoly on the local syrup market and what are you going to do? Not eat syrup? Like some kind of loving animal?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Did you see the loving student lounge in that school? Their paper probably has a bigger operating budget than most real life high schools' actual budget.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
To be fair, Montreal has hella biker gang and mafia poo poo goin' on.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I can't wait to find out how Archie's mom is a horrible, petty, vindictive person!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lord Krangdar posted:

One thing I really like about this show is that even though it obviously takes place in a campy, over-the-top reality the characters' actions and especially their reactions are often unusually restrained for a teen soap.

I think it's just that they're consistent. Unlike the other CW comic book shows like Flash and Arrow, where how smart, secretive, emotional, or murderous anyone is at any given moment are all functions of the plot rather than their characters.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

DivisionPost posted:

Man, a shittier show would've swerved at the last minute and pinned the murder on Polly for a cheap "DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND" pop. I love that the Blossoms were on the board as potential suspects fairly early on and the show followed through on it.

I was afraid they'd go the "Yeah, Mustang, that guy we totally showed you one time is the real murderer!!!" route and wuss out of having anyone actually important get the rap. Glad they didn't.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Did someone tell him Madelaine Petsch wasn't really drowning?

D-...does he know he's on TV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't know if it'll work with anything else, but I know that when I stream from the CTV app to my Chromecast, it skips the ads.

• Locked thread