Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Will this policy hold true across the lp?

Considering that was how he chose Corrin's S-support, yes I assume so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012
The story in conquest burned me out. I haven't even played up to this point and I don't know if I ever will.

They could've done so much with this, the story of the hero working with the "bad guys" and trying to do the right thing in the face of all this evil, but they went nowhere with it. The Chair was a stupid plan, it will ALWAYS be a stupid plan because it flies in the face of everything the character is supposed to stand for. They refuse to show any real struggle among the characters, especially the siblings and what is there is just complete garbage.

I know another Fire Emblem is in the works, I'm praying really hard that it's better than this piece of pond scum

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012

MightyPretenders posted:

Azura is consistent, at least. Her plans work out less often than Iago's do. And here she refuses to acknowledge that attacking their underlings was what made both crown princes turn on Corrine.

You've got a point. Why didn't Corrine just...leave. Like she was the center of the confilict right because both sides wanted her back. If she had just run when she had the chance the only difference would've been that Xander and Ryoma would've run after them to get her back. Which is exactly what happening now more or less.
Azura is the queen of bad plans.

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012
Keep Mozu in
It's time for Killager to make there return :getin:

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012

PassingPie posted:

"I sense something not of this world..."

Oh gently caress right off with that poo poo.

Agreed. Where the gently caress was your "special sense" ANY GODDAMN TIME IN CONQUEST!!!!
Nothing has changed!
Garon is still cartoonishly evil but it's only NOW that it feels wrong?! :getout:

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012

Blue Labrador posted:

At least they got rid of weapon breakability? That would've made this map, uh, worse.

Holy poo poo I couldn't even imagine that level of bullshit.

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012
Who ever wrote this route should never get a job as a writer again.
He died in the dumbest manner possible and not even Izana could take it seriously.
They had a perfect excuse to do so, they could've shown the ritual, had Corrine defend Takumi, something, anything.
But instead jut like everything else in this stupid story, any development is all off screen. And what on screen is poo poo

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012

Tae posted:

Things happened, you're just numb to it because it's literally the third time you're seeing it in some fashion

Outside of chapter 7, every single mission has been repeated or sometimes copied directly from previous routes

Let's be honest here, what's happened really in the grand scheme of things?
Corrine learned about Valla but can't tell anyone about it cause now she's under it's curse.
Nohr and Hosido are still fighting
The siblings are still angry
Everyone thinks Corrine is being dumb
And of course Iago is STILL loving with the party.

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012

Geostomp posted:

For as bad as Revelations is, at least it rightly killed Hans off sooner than the others. Seriously, how does this glorified Chapter 1 bandit boss get elevated into being one of the top of the villain food chain? Iago is a terrible villain, but at least he has skills that would be very useful for an evil group. Hans just guts people without a hint of strategy.

That's Fate's in a nutshell sadly.
There's plenty of potential for a good or decent story, but it all gets pissed away by bad writing or bad maps dragging everything down into the muck.
This game has so many problems that the fact that so many made it to into the games makes you feel like they just didn't care

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012

Drakenel posted:

Worth noting their support is pretty good, as far as Fates supports go. Basically

Benny: ...
Beruka: ...
Benny: Wanna get married?
Beruka: Sure.

It was leagues better than Beruka's and Saizo's support where they said NOTHING AT ALL for there entire C rank.
At least here there's a reason for it, and unlike usual the silence conveys that they can be around each other without any awkwardness which is just so :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

And then what? Does he just turn people into dumb purple ghosts?

Real Talk, I'm pretty sure if that was really the plan all along, it would be infinitely more interesting than any other part of this games story

• Locked thread