Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Well, you can't make the game too similar because you risk everyone accusing you of ripping off another one. But the turn-based SRPG games aren't really that rare. They're usually more like FFTactics though. The problem is finding good ones. Because if people can do whatever you can end up with Stella Glow and I can't think of any other ones from the 2010's.

Look, I know Days of Ruin was a change-up but it's still a good game even if it didn't have Lash or Sonja

also please don't tell me if it came out before 2010 i don't want to think about how long it's been since the last Advance wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tendronai posted:

It's been a little longer than 2010... 2005

i checked and you're WRONG

it came out in 2008 :cry: still too long

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i like the dragon design, it's very different from any of the other manakete, and looks really alien and off-putting

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i've played conquest but never birthright and already i have a problem with this sequence in comparison

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Besides Nohr likes to wear purple
We all know what purple means in FE.
And Hoshido wears red.
Again, we all know what that means

Hoshido is the bad guys and Nohr is uh

i don't know what Purple means

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
single-voting is easier for me cause i can't decide on 6 characters anyway so by the time i've clicked Hayato the other 5 are just randomly decided by clicking wildly

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mysticblade posted:

I'm glad that Mozu's probably getting benched. I'm still mourning Subaki, and Setsuna getting dropped is sad even if she's not too great as a unit.

Also, this is just BR Hard. It's kind of easy. BR Lunatic has some bite early on, but even that fades eventually. It's just a much easier route than CQ and RV.

Basically, this is our best bet to saddle Tae with a garbage team.

i hope mozu sees play on at least one path, she's a real cool girl

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
peri was my wife in conquest, no regrets

a shame her enemy team version appears to be not as much a unit killer, considering she got killed in one it looks like

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CptWedgie posted:

To be fair, I said TEMPTED, where you said you were GOING TO.

i THINK you might BE taking other peoples POSTS too seriously

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

I haven't played Birthright but I would assume a lot of it is general bias against pre-promotes in Fire Emblem games.

for better or worse, this game will beat that out of you, the best units on both sides are all pre-premotes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
wow i knew about the kaze thing and somehow it's even stupider then i thought

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
does his equipment go into the abyss with him, kinda curious how big of a gently caress-up it is

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Please don't marry your siblings.

no see it's cool, the mother wrote a letter that says they aren't actually related and everything, nothing weird about this at all!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
flora doing suicide, marrying a sibling, and then reminding me of the ludicrously stupid way they did children all in a row like this is too much, my brain is dead

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Kana was the only child i really used, her mom was Peri, idk what that does to her stats but she seemed pretty tanky

just wish she had gotten that cotton candy hair...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LEGO Genetics posted:

Fates in its infinite wisdom gave us just enough husband/wife combos to where if Male Corrin marries one of them there won't be enough to get all the kids unless he marries a Corrinsexual. Apparently they didn't learn this lesson from Awakening I guess.

a subtle hint that getting the kids isn't worth it, top tier game design

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Space Bat posted:

Rinkah's dedication to gaining HP makes me think of my current run of Awakening where Kellam over the course of 20 level ups has always gotten speed, making him faster than Lucina. Sometimes the RNG just breaks, I guess.

that kind of random variance is an example of the RNG working perfectly fine tho

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Considering what the Deeprealms are the distinction between older and younger siblings could get kinda blurry anyway.

the twin paradox, but done incredibly stupidly

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

So the herbs got stolen by Professor Umbridge in a way too revealing top? Is this what happens after you get dragged into the woods by centaurs?

please respect candace, she owns

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CptWedgie posted:

Yes, it's wrong because Locke actually has a character (and a semi-valid excuse to call himself a treasure hunter in that you actually see him spelunking, even if he is prone to mugging his enemies) and is a good guy, whereas Candace is just sort of there to be a bandit (no matter how hard she denies it- it'd help her case if she didn't use Insane Troll Logic to "justify" her actions) and is an enemy.

Insane Troll Logic

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
arthur is the best character in the game, and i can even conclusively say that having seen the utterly forgettable ones from birthright now

unless revelations introduces new characters, which i guess it should but probably won't

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bruceski posted:

How can you say Arthur is the best when Effie is right here?

i remember Arthur's gimmick, and it's good as heck. also he has interesting supports and i like how he's basically Captain America working for the bad guys but still being virtuous.

Basically he's the only actual hint of nuance in this game, I let him marry whoops this might be spoilers and they have a good support chain

mandatory lesbian fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 22, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
not having Arthur stay as a Fighter the whole time sounds sacrilegious

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

just feed owain every +magic stat booster in the game. There's 3 magic users total in the first gen of conquest and Elise and the other dark mage already have absurdly high magic, so who else even needs them?

aren't there any second seal mages, it's been so long since i played conquest i can't remember

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

there are but why would you do that

cause someone might not want to use odin, but do want another mage

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
odin's growths make it better for him to go to the bench

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Yeah, but owain owns tho, bad growths or no?

i think i must be the only person in the world who doesn't like his whole darkness welling inside thing, and that's my cross to bear

but for real i had to bench him he just couldn't kill anything in my playthrough and i never really found myself missing him tbh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tae posted:

C-B-A

Perhaps I do spend too much time helping old ladies cross the path.

gently caress i love arthur

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

I just think he's funny because he has deliberately dumb lines with good VA, which kinda doesn't stand out in Awakening but kinda makes him top tier by default here. But yeah, for real though he isn't really very good at all, but every mage except Revelation Hayato and Leo aren't very good. Which is kinda hilarious.

My Leo was adequate at least, i wanted to use all the royals tho so I wasn't gonna bench him no matter what

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I used Archer Mozu and while she was very good I think it's more interesting to show off characters we didn't see in Birthright so get rid of her

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Bench Mozu, she's had her turn and Niles is the only archer you need.

I actually thought Conquest's dialogue is fun and shows off a lot more personality, and while the plot is kinda dumb at this point it was uh... forgivable. Sadly it steadily gets worse and worse until it just becomes plain dumb.

tbh i checked out when corin went up to garon and was just like "oh please love me again"

like there was no way to make that justified other then i guess the writers wanting an ultra-realistic look at kids with abusive parents, which i have the strangest feeling wasn't the actual intent

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

theshim posted:

Nyx is Elise But Worse in every way. It's unfortunate, but there's just no reason to use her.

if you like her character, that's reason enough (i used her up to the end of the game)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
camilla hard-carried me thru this game, she's the best

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ah, my wife, Peri. she owns

love that bubble-gum hair

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
34 people snuck on-board a ship and weren't spotted

i understand story/gameplay segregation so i'm not bothered by it per se but still, makes me laugh a little

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i didn't kill shura and used him for all of one mission, what a waste

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
My game became the Percy/Arthur power hour after recruiting him, i like both their characters a lot. 2 best characters in the game easy, to me anyway

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
hate this gimmick tbh, i don't care if it's hard or not it's just boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
suddenly i am sorry i never used Odin

this is the greatest family of dorks

• Locked thread