Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
I really hope for Fire Emblem Switch, they slash and burn any inkling of a plan to pull the multiple versions poo poo again and condense the writing staff down to a WAY smaller number than fuckin' 20. I'd ask for them to cut down the heavy marriage and children emphasis, but I know that isn't happening.

Jesus christ that General flood at the end does not look fun in the slightest. There's no strategy, just prayer and hoping your tanks hold on as long as possible. On normal mode, way less Generals are present and spawned, so there's fun in slowly breaking them down. For me, an Enfeeble staff softened up Hans, before he was reduced to a burn skeleton thanks to a Thunder tome. (Can't remember who landed the last blow...) Iago, Elise and her Silence staff created an opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
So I want to point out something. What Corrine has done, is tricked her siblings into a sham war, and murdering thousands upon thousands at least. She's lied to them this whole way. She KNEW Garon was a sludge monster. All the people they had a hand in killing? (By proxy, and not the fake deaths when Corrine fights) It was all a lie. How do you think they'd (Okay, Elise and Leo, the two siblings with humanity) react to learning that all the atrocities they've had a had in could have been avoided if their sister trusted them. Hell! The fact that she kept it a secret meant she DIDN'T trust them!

This will not be acknowledged in the game proper, but oh god do I wish it was. I really wish Leo at the least yelled at Corrine for not telling him.

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013

Tae posted:

I am to blame for much of the heartache in his life... I chose this path. I do not regret it...

Corrine posted:

No! I can't accept that!! Are you saying I must now defeat my own brother? Killing my father wasn't enough?!

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
I really feel that Corrine's talk with her ghost family should have gone differently.

What happened in Hoshido was out of my control...
Was it? None of this would have happened if you had just thought! But on you marched! And for what?!
We tried to save you...
You're no savior. Your talents lie elsewhere...

Last Spec Ops: The Line reference from me. Promise

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
Corrine, tens of thousands of people are dead. We killed half of the Hoshidan royal family. All because you didn't tell us and thought making us partake in a national massacre was easier than telling us the slime monster thing, or showing me the goddamn orb.

Oh well, you have to stick with your choices!

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013

BlazeEmblem posted:

The orb broke after Corrine and Azura looked at it.

By that I meant Azura showing the pre-broken orb while Leo was around. Considering she gave it to him in Birthright... Where she only let him see it. God, it's either him or Corrin, there can be nobody else...

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
I personally had alot of thoughts on how to fix the game, but honestly to make the plot competent, you need to go right to the core and uproot/rework massive chunks of the game. Not to mention that my ideas are coloured by my own personal bias, and it's hard to separate from that. It's not something I should pretend is superior for everyone. Like, I would have liked Mikoto to be Conquest's final boss, but you need ALOT of rewriting to even get to that point. Hell, writing the endgame and filling in the road to get there is probably what caused more than a few issues with the actual plot.

I could only see the Conquest plot working as is if it was made into a Spec Ops/NieR style deconstruction, where the game treats it's cast as awful, broken human beings, and even then it could easily come off as wanky to alot of people. I'd like to see Hinoka and Sakura make it clear that they despise Corrine and all her Norhian siblings, and make it clear that they will never forgive them, but for the plot at large, it's an attempt at a deconstruction that comes out of nowhere in a vacuum, and you'd need to go back further and further to make more changes to support it, and by that point, you've rewritten the entire plot.

I think Conquest is an awful plot. One of the worst, if not THE worst i've seen in the Games media, because of it's rampant plot holes, it's unlikeable characters, it's awful emotional contrivances and manipulations, the sleeze of it being a vehicle for more paid DLC, the disappointment of how the promising concept was squandered, and the fact that the series, despite it's story issues, has shown it's capable of so much better. But by this point, I don't know what else there is to be said.

I'm still roasting Revelation when we get to that.

Emperordaein fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 15, 2017

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
(Accidental post)

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013

Xander posted:

But…it’s a lie. Told by those who profit from bloodshed. In my reign as Nohr’s new king... War... Has changed

Fixed for you Xander.

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013

Endorph posted:

conquest is a way better game than revelations even with my criticism of its gameplay. revelations has some of the worst gameplay design in the series. it's basically the world's first fire emblem fates romhack. and not the good kind.

DIFFERENT DIMENSION VALLA PRINCESS

So Revelation makes Conquest Azura turn out to be even more callous and stupid, given her chair plan was not only done after she had the perfect opportunity to tell Corrine the full, complete story, but by the end, she's gotten an entire kingdom devastated, meaning it's likely now all ready for Anankos to destroy. She basically gift wrapped him a victory.

At least I think she did, if they ever properly explained the extent of how Anankos' men can exit Valla into the real world, and exactly what degree of a threat they pose.

Also, I was smart enough not to buy the game, and immediately download the other routes!

I pre-ordered and got the $120AU Special Edition instead. :gonk:

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013

InwardChaos posted:

As soon as the paper left Valla, the curse would make it the page itself disappear, as it would be telling the secrets of the hidden kingdom. The curse does not discriminate between living and inanimate objects. It is not racist, It obliterate all equally.

What would happen if you arranged scrabble tiles or something similar into the word Valla? Or spelt it without a second L?

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
So apparently, King Garon has technology from Team Neo Plasma that he has never used up until now, because ???

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
Obviously the city walls will be discovered centuries later by Black Hole, and have their materials broken down and replicated to build their pipe systems.

Also, weird how Ryoma has nothing to say if Takumi attacks him.

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
That's it. It's over. Done. Any hope, any slightly, barely visible scrap of hope that one could take the Nohrian family drama seriously just evaporated. Because... How can you go from there. How can you go from the big bad manically cackling in his throne room about destroying the world, his two 'sons' (Not technically sons by now) walking in, and him yelling at them to go away before he continues. And one of them still has doubts. This is something i'd make as a PARODY, and they're using it as a serious plot point!

I've seen the defense for Xander's behaviour that it's about him suffering under abuse with his siblings. And I can indeed see that. Except they bungle it so many ways, from Garon being laughably evil, to Xander going to absolutely despicable, hypocritical depths that destroy the image of him being the troubled big brother hero that the game wants you to see it as. And then we have this scene, turning the Nohrian family drama into a big joke. If this is supposed to be a story about abuse, it's a pretty loving demeaning one.

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
If he is, Iago is doing a poo poo job, given he let Elise both overhear him, and slip away under his watch.

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
I'd say skip it, sans one particular bit of bullshit regarding Yet more character level imbalances, the second worst one in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
A few days ago, I took an hour+ long hike up a rocky mountain pathside, and then back again carrying a backpack. By the Rainbow Sage's logic, I am now strong enough to wield a Legendary Sword.

• Locked thread