Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Wait, since when do you get to be an enemy map leader in a Fire Emblem game and not die?

Granted, the last game in the series that I played was Path of Radiance, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Corrin's going to hug Takumi into not being dead anymore, isn't she?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

CptWedgie posted:

Takumi is the final boss.

WHY?!

No really, what narrative purpose does this serve?!

As has already been said, this makes sense as the ending of a story about siding with evil for the sake of the greater good (having to face the wrath of the good people you sacrificed along the way).

This game acts as if (re-)killing Takumi will somehow absolve Corrin of his death. I haven't played the game, but I won't be the least bit surprised (just disappointed) if undead Takumi comes back to his senses and forgives her for everything once he's defeated.

Tactics Ogre would've done this right.

Seyser Koze fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 12, 2017

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Avalerion posted:

but I don't like the nose bandage (what trope is this anyway..?)

Tomboy who gets into lots of fistfights.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
No, it's one of those pore cleanser strips.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

chiasaur11 posted:

It doesn't help that they outsourced Revelation to the same people who did supports. AKA people who had nothing to do with either of the previous main plots.

Fates: The writing is bad.

I guess as a writer, my next question is "how complete were the other two storylines when Revelation was written, and how much was the other studio told about them?"

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Dark Flame Master posted:

Couple of minor grammar/spelling things.

I feel Jakbo would be a great name for a berserker, though.

Jakbo Manhorse.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

MightyPretenders posted:

I don't mind that we're still repeating the same situations. After all, most of them had roots going before Corrine made her choices, and if we didn't deal with them now people who reached the end of the game would be talking about how "Wait a minute, X is still out there and could have carved out a new Big Bad position while we weren't looking."

I feel like the bigger problem is that we have two seemingly opposite scenarios here:

quote:

Corrin: We can't fight, I want everyone to get along!
Saizo/Takumi/fillintheblank: NO RAWR WE MUST FIGHT
Corrin: :(

quote:

Corrin: We can't fight, I want everyone to get along!
S/T/fitb: okay fine i'll join you
Corrin: :neckbeard:

But things don't actually feel different. At all.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Because boobs.

Takumi is merely A boob, but still.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Wait, what? :psyduck:

I heard Treehouse took it upon themselves to "fix" some things in people's backgrounds that they didn't like, but I'm not sure why this one was replaced.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
also i don't get why it's beruka and not veruca

EDIT: this thread is making me consider doing a tears to tiara 2 LP, which has me worried because I got about three missions in before I started involuntarily yelling at the cast to shut up

Seyser Koze fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 30, 2017

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Or "vivacious and strong-willed" according to babynamewizard.com.

:biotruths:

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

ungulateman posted:

As usual in Fire Emblem, character names can change fairly significantly in translation in order to try and communicate an idea better.

My personal Fates favourite is 'Zero' becoming 'Niles', as in 'nihil'.

But again. "Beruka."

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

AradoBalanga posted:

Her original name is spelled "ベルカ", and Beruka is a plausible translation, albeit a very literal translation.

Also there's apparently this:
what the poo poo

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

I am seriously considering skipping like 2/3rds of the next update because it's just Birthright Rainbow Sage. Do you really need me to explain ANOTHER exact same rainbow sage mission....?

why would you deny us the full revelations experience

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Charlotte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

Uh...why did only Ryoma say anything from Hoshido. How did Gunter get top billing over Silas or even Azura?
Imminent cutscene death?

• Locked thread