Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Thanks Trump you loving piece of poo poo

Hey, he said that California had to open up the water, and he's delivering on that promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
A cool thing that most ppl don't know about big dams is that all that water pressure forcing downward where it don't usually go (because it used to be a river) finds its way into cracks and fissures and starts causing regular seismic activity in the 3-4 range, which is a lot like what you see from fracking.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
The dam isn't about to break, the spillway is about to break and take the mountain side w/ it, pleas do not talk trash on the dam.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Space Jam posted:

If a political scandal arises from this, can we call it "Floodgate?"

I'll allow it.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

SHISHKABOB posted:

haha good i hopethey all DIE

This seems like a controversial opinion, but maybe you have a legitimate political grievance that would justify it?? I'm p sure that's the case.. definitely.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Is dam maintenence a federal or state responsibility?

Actually, we all got together and decided you should do it. Goof luck!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Is it possiuble that scores of nu-metal bands predicted this impending disaster in their somgs about getting close to edges and breaking?? Is this collapse foretold by the gods of rock?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Whens it supposed to start raining again? Tomorrow right? :munch:

After midnight, so they say.

Wednesday Night 100 % Precip. / 1.35 in
Cloudy with heavy rain developing after midnight. Low 52F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected.

Thursday 100 % Precip. / 0.84 in
Rain. High 54F. Winds SSE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall may reach one inch. Localized flooding is possible.

Thursday Night 70 % Precip. / 0.07 in
A steady light rain early...then remaining cloudy with a few showers. Low 48F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

etc.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I'm going to seed the clouds... assuming that's ur family name.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

naem posted:

7 straight days of rain all the sudden?

Zoinks! According to the graph on the last page, 2 inches of rain will top the emergency spillway, and that's predicted to happen by tomorrow night.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

the great deceiver posted:

i personally hope that we dont fix our infrastructure and fail to learn anything at all

Thy will be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i hope the dam catastrophically fails and drowns many many republicans

Geez! That's pretty negative! Personally I hope that the dam achieves enlightenment and transcends Samsara, leaving this plane of existence and releasing a crushing wall of water which kills all those people you mentioned.

• Locked thread