Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

internet celebrity posted:

, . Some of the hardest levels ate up like 30-50 lives....

That loving timed vertical walljump level, right?

I died more times and got more tilted playing it than 3 loving playthroughs of lies of p, and then when I finally beat it I didn't quite top out the flagpole so I had to do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I'm playing this Kenshi game and I feel like there's something fun here, but I just haven't found it yet. I'm just kind of finding towns and getting beat up by dudes.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I'm playing this Kenshi game and I feel like there's something fun here, but I just haven't found it yet. I'm just kind of finding towns and getting beat up by dudes.

I put in a hundred hours in Kenshi and it made me finally sort of understand how some people enjoy being repeatedly kicked in the balls.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

yeah thats pretty normal. the great thing about Kenshi is getting your rear end kicked repeatedly is just another method of becoming stronger.

consider doing a slave start, it actually ends up being one of the easier starts because being a slave gives you lots of opportunities to train strength, toughness, stealth, and lockpicking while not having to worry about starvation so that by the time you're ready to plan your escape you'll have some pretty good stats

leading enemies to the city guards and scavenging their corpses and stealing from shops are great ways to get money and gear early game too.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

credburn posted:

I put in a hundred hours in Kenshi and it made me finally sort of understand how some people enjoy being repeatedly kicked in the balls.

This lets play is how I realised it's a really cool idea that I will likely never ever play.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

I usually start kenshi by mining copper and then slowly starting smithing.

Kenshi is less of a rpg and more of a colony management game. Kinda like dorf but adventure mode is not a separate gamemode

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Breetai posted:

That loving timed vertical walljump level, right?

I died more times and got more tilted playing it than 3 loving playthroughs of lies of p, and then when I finally beat it I didn't quite top out the flagpole so I had to do it again.

Yep. That, and the one where you're sideways and being bombarded from the background, that one annoyed me more because of the RNG for the bombs breaking the walls. At least once I got the wall jump levels down I could do them consistently.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Oh well had a good run, not quite 3 months. gently caress NES games, gently caress elden ring, straight off the wagon, mmm safe lane monkey King yes please.

Patch day today.......

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

don't do it!

noooo!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Oh well had a good run, not quite 3 months. gently caress NES games, gently caress elden ring, straight off the wagon, mmm safe lane monkey King yes please.

Patch day today.......

:smith:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Patch day today.......

Mediocre

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i'm not mad at jbj, just disappointed

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Caesar Saladin posted:

i'm not mad at jbj, just disappointed

Only quarkjets is mad but then he gets more mad at the mention of dota than anyone playing dota does lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

the last time i played dota was when it was a wc3 map

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

MrQwerty posted:

the last time i played dota was when it was a wc3 map

Same, and it wasn't very fun.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

jokes posted:

Same, and it wasn't very fun.

yup

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Only quarkjets is mad but then he gets more mad at the mention of dota than anyone playing dota does lol

You're projecting your anger over your own bad decisions onto me, and that's okay

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Trying to decide if the announcer from UT2K4 and the original Killer Instinct are the same guy

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The mention of Killer Instinct just reminded me of the game Primal Rage. Game just ate my quarters when I was a kid.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
my brother and i would go to the mall just to play volleyball with the little cavemen in primal rage

90s af story

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

QuarkJets posted:

You're projecting your anger over your own bad decisions onto me, and that's okay

I'm a bit curious why you hate mobas with such a spitting passion, most other folk give me a wee chuckle, especially Ceasar but you post about them in such an aggressive way. I'm all for a good gimmick post but you cross the line into personal attacks a bit much.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
unpopular opinion: it's okay to like dota

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTsaS1Tm-Ic

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I feel bad for moba players, deeply and genuinely.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
mobas are better than any FPS game where the whole point is pretending to shoot each other.

The worst moba is better than the best FPS game. This includes every doom, quake, cod, whatever. And skyrim because gently caress FP perspective in general.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Waltzing Along posted:

mobas are better than any FPS game where the whole point is pretending to shoot each other.

The worst moba is better than the best FPS game. This includes every doom, quake, cod, whatever. And skyrim because gently caress FP perspective in general.

they sound the same

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Primal Rage was sick as hell

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

no, none of this is true

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

no, none of this is true

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

An unpopular opinion, very nice

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Waltzing Along posted:

It's unpopular opinions not wrong opinions

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Where does Savage: The Battle for Newerth land on this hierarchy?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Look I love to poo poo on FPS and make broad dismissive statements about games using it and the people who keep encouraging them to make more of them but calling them unilaterally worse than all mobas is just crazy go nuts. Outer Wilds is first person and they might never make a better videogame than that.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

Khanstant posted:

Outer Wilds is first person and they might never make a better videogame than that.

Unpopular is thick today ew

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

All this time and I still have to Google Outer Wilds to remember which one is the lovely RPG and which one is the neat space exploration game.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Outer Wilds was excellent unless you're one of those weirdos who think that videogames should never even attempt to tell a story

I got Outer Worlds (the fallout in space ripoff) for free on Epic recently and it's fine. It just generic and cookie cutter, but it's 5/10 okay.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm just mad they made SPORTS games and now the JOCKS are moving in on our rightful NERD hobby!

I hate those JOCKS and CHEERLEADERS grrrr!

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

No man you've got it twisted now games are "e-sports" and us nerds get to pretend to be jocks and invade their territory.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

syntaxfunction posted:

I'm just mad they made SPORTS games and now the JOCKS are moving in on our rightful NERD hobby!

I hate those JOCKS and CHEERLEADERS grrrr!

Jocks been ruining vidyagamin ever since Tecmo Bowl

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
we reclaimed tecmo bowl with that song on olremix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sports games peaked at that basketball one where you could be a guy who was a basketball.