Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

The Jumpoff posted:

So yeah, TF2 is just the overwatch of pre-2010 and your nostalgia is lying to you.

TF2 was an actual game; Overwatch is a wind-up music box with only the illusion of interactivity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.
I never understood the point of Counterstrike. It's the most generic shooter possible, but you buy stuff between rounds? And everyone plays the same map a billion times? What's the appeal?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

SpaceClown posted:

quake started the trend of smaller groups of enemies with higher health, quake is number loving zero

Quake rules, but this is a fair point

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Everything about Witcher 1 is absolutely terrible. The game has no redeeming qualities of any kind.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

"we're gonna make this game where everyone works together on a starship, it'll be great"

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Mario Galaxy actually sucks compared to 64. Although Galaxy has a lot of creative, colorful ideas in it, 64 has a wider space of actual gameplay. Galaxy is literally on rails half the time.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Caesar Saladin posted:

I think that people with autism interpret Sonic differently or something. This isn't even a joke, I think with the speed and memorisation and patterns and simple expressive animal people faces, it just appeals to the autistic brain

This makes a lot of sense.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

nigga crab pollock posted:

knowledge is to be shared freely and if you treat it like a weapon i will wield it to loving destroy u *unsheaths katana*

if anyone shares the secrets of the magicians' guild, I will make you disappear

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
30 fps is literally unplayable.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

hawowanlawow posted:

overwatch is loving terrible

wow I didn't know this was the factually true opinions thread

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
I don't understand Pokemon at all. It's the shittiest part of a JRPG - tedious turn-based grinding - somehow made even slower and more repetitive than usual, without a story or characters or an interesting setting behind it. It's like someone tried to design the lamest game possible.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

FoolyCharged posted:

Why are you grinding in pokemon?

That's the only gameplay there is? Even the critical path is just trudging your way through generic roads, mashing the same menus over and over.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

basic hitler posted:

blizzard is a poo poo company and they can polish a diamond into sand.

This is well put. They come up with awesome ideas, then keep streamlining them away until there's nothing exciting left.

They're more worried about avoiding mistakes than landing successes. The result is smooth but completely dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Jeza posted:

Games where your experience is so reliant on other people performing is guaranteed to be toxic, for now and for always. MOBAs are a special brand of competitive team game where you can personally play well and still get stomped because of somebody else's mistakes, and that makes people very angry.

If that wasn't enough, there's also competition for certain roles in the game, and you're reliant on people picking lineups that have synergy. It's designed from the ground up to make you vulnerable to other people playing ball, and when you're with internet strangers that is guaranteed to not happen consistently.

paradoxically that is also why they're popular: you can always blame someone else for your defeats. Being personally responsible is stressful.