Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Incessant Excess posted:

Don't you get paid less if you're not on TV? I find the 'Emma was playing 4D chess all along' theory kinda hard to believe.

I agree to the extent that I don't think she was being a puppet master, but she'd be far from the first wrestler to sandbag an angle because it was complete dog poo poo. Austin got himself fired completely just because he felt a match was too good to give away with free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Pleased to have been completely wrong about this:

Cubone posted:

*eyes roll back into head, body rises into the air as if puppeteered by invisible strings. jaw slackens and an unearthly voice rings out*
Bray is going into a blowoff feud with Harper. Neither one of them will be anywhere near the main event.
btw

Once upon a time I was a golden-hearted boy full of unwavering optimism and good faith, before time and retail jobs took their dark toll. Restore my faith, evil corporate entity. Make me bo-lieve

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I feel like Corbin underwent a subtle character shift.
He's still a balding overgrown teenager who might as well be wrestling in a dirty slipknot tee, but instead of doing it because he wants people to look at him and think he's a cool badass, he's doing it because he's absolutely certain that he IS a cool badass and that this is just what cool badasses do. It doesn't matter that he's obviously wrong, it only matters that he believes in it. LONE WOLF.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

Yah a shift from being poo poo to being even more poo poo.

Savage invective. Worthy of The Lone Wolf himself.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Congressional Representative Seth Moulton recently stated that disgraced former National Security Advisor to the Trump Administration Michael Flynn's admission of speaking in secret to Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak regarding economic sanctions placed on Russia by former United States President Barack Obama (in response to the annexation of the Ukrainian territory of Crimea by the Russian Federation) could constitute treason if his actions amounted to conspiring with Russia against the interests of the United States or her allies.

The man in the image is actor Jeffrey Tambor, portraying the character George Bluth Sr. on the television series Arrested Development, who, having secretly built palaces for Sadam Hussein, downplayed the severity of what's considered a very serious offense by qualifying that "there's a good chance [he] may have committed some light treason".

The timing of tweeting the latter so soon after the former implies Sami Zayn was drawing a humorous parallel mocking the Trump administration's downplaying of the seriousness of Flynn's actions.

"Future endeavored" is a colloquialism referring to being released from a contract, alluding to the tendency of corporations' public statements announcing the termination of contracts to contain amicable language wishing the person whose contract is being terminated well in "future endeavors." Zayn is employed as an independent contractor for World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., an American publicly traded, privately controlled entertainment company owned and operated by the McMahon family, who are friends of President Trump, contributed to his campaign, and have obtained a position of executive power in his cabinet as Administrator of the Small Business Administration.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

np

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Braun slammed Mark Henry, Mark Henry slammed Kane, and Big Show slammed Undertaker, but when the cheating noodly cowards Kane and The Undertaker needed to do their own man slammin on Strong Beautiful Braun, they resorted to shameful double-teaming. Pathetic.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

What did you guys think about That DICK! no-selling Racist Guiding Light?
I know RGL is over like rovert but Dick! has a hugely underrated workrate imo and I don't agree that it exposes the business- the live crowd still ate it up.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

The second most illegal maneuver in wrestling

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I've pitched this before and I still believe in it: have Dolph come out to Who Let the Dogs Out but have the Baha Men rerecord it as Who Let the Dolph Out and have JBL put it over

Cubone
May 26, 2011

2:40 So this is kind of weird and dark and conspiratorial, isn't it?
It kind of seems like Ryback is saying that Vince and several specificly named members of the WWE staff bear some heretofore undisclosed element of condemnable negligence for Tyson Kidd's injury? Or am I not understanding correctly?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Well, that's bumming me out, but thank you all for clarifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Scoring a big name wrestler from a rival promotion and then ignoring his drawing potential and burying him out of spite is ancient wrestling tradition.

• Locked thread