Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gillberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

After Charlotte wins the title back at the ppv how many title reigns will that be?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

lol

more or less WWE than 50/50 booking a best of seven series?

Less, but only because that was historic

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Do not even ask posted:

Can't wait for Charlotte's 16th reign. wooo

One fourth of the way there already

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

John Dudebro posted:

I wanted my Girlhood Dream Has Come True moment for Bayley at Wrestlemania and now I can never get it so I am upset.

She'll get it, it'll just be her second title reign when it happens.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

I dunno where it originated but people have been asking me if the rumour that next MSG show is a Network Special.

Personally have no clue but it has been a while.

Heck of a card for one, if it happened

Cena/Bray
Owens/Brock
Orton/Harper
Dean/Miz/Corbin
Dolph/Crews
AA/Usos
Alexa, Mickie, Natalya, Carmella/Nikki, Tamina, Becky, Naomi
Rhyno, Slater, Kalisto/Breezango, Hawkins
Appearances from Shane and Styles

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Love this cover so much:

Released April 25th

This is going to somehow be shittier than Countdown and I don't care, I'm sold on seeing this the instant it's on Netflix

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

Reposting this because I still think it's sorta dumb even if the Festival was one of the best wrestling segments ever (seriously).

Half expect "HHH showed Owens The List and his name was the first one on it"

Also honestly, impressed at everyone involved for making that angle and segment go as perfectly as it did. A prop got over big enough it led to the best reveals and breakups in years

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats on returning, Kelly Kelly

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Followup on that Animal thing posted yesterday

Road Warrior Animal posted:

After reading what my post last night on the Grammys I see that I misspoken and I am embarrassed. What I wrote is not what I was trying to get across.

I should always do spellcheck on the manner in which I send my messages and I don’t for that, I am sorry , I was stupid. What I wrote by no means reflects how I actually feel, I am not a racist or a bigot or think things happen in certain parts of the country and they don’t happen anywhere else.

I am a realist I should’ve should’ve chosen my words more wisely for that I apologize. I feel horrible for hurting anyones feelings.

I have nothing against people of color, I have nothing against people of Muslim faith, I have nothing against people of Mexico, I have nothing against anybody. I was just making a statement about a song that I did not like that’s all.

I should’ve double checked my post. I should’ve checked my grammar and should have made certain aim what I was trying to say would come across that way. I made a simple mistake and regret it. I wrote it like a run on sentence.

I know it looks like I’m saying these people of certain backgrounds do certain things and I by no means feel that way, so if I offended anyone I apologize.

I should know better, you know we all at one time or another get thought in our heads that we want to put in print that when we think it sounds like what we want to say is coming out and after we read it we go omg, that’s what I did this morning.

It was a mistake I love and respect everyone I could care less if a persons origin or his or her beliefs as long as we all respect each other that’s all that matters.

Once again I apologize.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

What was the original post?

quote:

Once again Rappers ruin the Grammys with that stupid song with words like resist and no one can tell you what to do. Having people of color Muslim and Mexican come on stage, are you that stupid and can not see that where all the drugs are coming from the southern borders or all the Radical Islamic that promote death to America? Really well legends it’s your relative using those drugs ir getting killed by terrorists then you will get it. Insulting performance!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Styles/Shane

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Foley posted:

I was about to go out there a couple weeks ago, and I heard Braun Strowman say, I want a title shot. Mr. McMahon's behind the curtain, at the board watching the monitor, and [Vince] goes, oh god, it's not a title shot. I was thinking to myself, then what is it? That's exactly what I would go to call it when I would go out there. You want a title shot? He's like, it's a title match. It's a match! So if you ever wonder what it's like to see a six-foot-eight, three hundred pound behemoth get chewed out, you should've been there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lana said in an interview that the hotel room segment with Rusev, Lana and Enzo from a couple months ago was fully directed by HHH

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

As seen on Tuesday’s episode of SmackDown Live, Bray Wyatt pinned John Cena to retain his WWE Title for the second time on a row. Sean Waltman, who was backstage at SmackDown this past week in Anaheim, California, revealed on his recent podcast episode that it was actually Cena’s idea to put Wyatt over at Tuesday’s event.

“I’m not sure what the finish was supposed to be for the match last night. But I know this for a fact, that John Cena insisted on putting Bray Wyatt over again last night, insisted on it. That’s not just a rumor.”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He made a typo. It's supposed to be Owens, Joe, HHH, and I guess Finn. The Finn stuff is news to me, amazing if they really have him come back and be heel. That'd be almost as bad as having Seth come back from injury and still be heel when nobody was cheering Reigns against him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tweak posted:

there's only room for one baby face in the wwe, beliee dat

edit: oh lmao also it's so they can do shield vs evolution again

Yeah, Dean's going to Raw when the next draft happens

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

George the Animal Steele isn't doing well either apparently

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gatts posted:

Roman, Owens, Strowman and Joe form a stable with Asuka. They win but Joe's like Raphael who is a loner and the Big Dog is like Leo, try hard wannabe leader. Anyway. Owens and Strowman end up gelling well together and enjoy working together. Nakamura debuts and points out to Owens how good friends they are. Owens is now in a dilemma and it is resolved by him turning on the group by beating Strowman, who is simple minded and confused why he's being hurt. Asuka laughs. The group implodes. Asuka laughs. Jericho and Sami comfort Strowman explaining they understand too well. Asuka laughs. Afterwards Roman and Joe try a two man power trip only Joe is the one that wins any titles and Roman is a liability. Asuka laughs.

The stable is actually manged not by Hunter but by Bo Dallas and it is called Bo-volution.

This will entertain me more than Hunter going for another Evolution because can we get these guys their own identity?

Their own identity where, whenever HHH isn't on screen with them, they spend the duration of their promo time asking where HHH is

Just in case the audience might forget about HHH

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Their own identity where, whenever HHH isn't on screen with them, they spend the duration of their promo time asking where HHH is

Just in case the audience might forget about HHH

It just dawned on me they already did this during the MNF section of the year where Seth spent months demanding to know where HHH is :laffo:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I wasn't watching during Khali's run at the top(?), is there anything worthwhile in there?

He spent at least a full month just destroying Tommy Dreamer weekly

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I instead pine for the glory days of seeing Rey as world champ get killed by Every big guy on the roster weekly while JBL laughs his rear end off in the background

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

Finding 20 Old Timers that can pass a Wellness Test/physical might be a problem

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cena's been removed from all post-Mania ads and supposedly won't be back till Survivor Series after his Mania obligation

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Great job, he totally needed another championship then.

Almost positive #17 is happening at Survivor Series if this is the case

Also

Ostentatious posted:

Good for Cena for getting a career outside of the WWE

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also this probably lends credence to the thought that he's proposing after the Mania win

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

He won at RR for his bullshit two weeks reign.

Bryan's the only one that gets the last win in a Cena feud that isn't Cena, and that's only because he got permanently hosed up before a rematch could happen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

Pick a Cena year and I'll double his number of great matches with non-2000 HHH ones. Deal?

2015, the year the only match HHH had was STANG

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The HHH/Taker matches had 5-10 minutes of asking the ref to stop the match each, only difference was at least Shawn kept it entertaining with his mannerisms. So yeah I guess I'd elevate the HIAC match to good or at least more watchable than the other

The best HHH/Taker Mania match is still the first one, the American Badass Taker one where he got mad about his bike

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Cena even had a great match during HHH's Reign of Terror, his 2003 Parking Lot Brawl with Eddie Guerrero.

Wasn't that on a random SD too with no hype or build

Cena had more great matches you could watch for free live than HHH, too. wow

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

I love when people go from post to meltdown in an instant :allears:

Sramaker posted:

I request to being banned please, i don't have to deal with people who got fooled by the media.

There's no problem with the gaming industry and related stuff? Fools.

I hate SA and wish i never wasted money to join a bunch of people like, i'm not replying to anything anymore.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=439235233#post439235233 still the GOAT

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

HHH has been part of many great things but he himself is not great.

This is one of the only two reasons I think it's unfair to compare him and Jarrett.

HHH has been part of great things but isn't great. Jarrett just isn't great.
And Jarrett has actually willingly stepped out of spotlight and away from TV a couple times. And they weren't just during MNF season.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can both not have white-hot loathing and acknowledge a guy is a piece of poo poo. It's actually very easy, because there are multiple other pieces of poo poo I don't get redfaced about, like Hogan and Snuka, and all of them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finn advertised for live events starting March 10

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

He makes his enormous dog ride in the trunk?

Also, I love the implication that HHH hasn't done anything nearly as bad as his Reign of Doom since then. That new DX poo poo with him and Shawn had a few good moments but was largely the absolute worst, most-cringeworthy garbage ever. I stopped watching for quite awhile during that run. For every really good thing HHH has done, he's got something equally as awful on the other side of the ledger.
Did you miss

That was a fun GDT

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress HHH AND Foochs :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Never gets old

• Locked thread