Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

This isn't a bus, despite the fact it should be.

http://quicktoptens.com/top-tens/most-expensive-rvs

$2.3m RV that you can park a ferrari inside of.

E: Also, hi Ben, sigma misses you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Did you guys know that busses played a big part in creating the society we live in today? After the war GM sent fleets of futuristic busses around America displaying the technological feats that would propel them into the space age (and then also these busses would appear in the animated Batman series)

Up here in the frozen wastes of Canada we decided to employ busses to educate and entertain the rural townships with shipments of the written word.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I want to go to Denmark just to ride on this bus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75F3CSZcCFs

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:toot:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
A bus with a loud rear end 2 stroke Detroit diesel engine is the best bus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOMW80FkLUQ

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
My city has some gimmick driverless busses.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Hi There!

Sorry I have been away, Bus-Friends! I lost my bus pass so I was unable to get home to my internet for a few days. The nice man at the Bus Terminal said it was cool if I slept in the heated vestibule until my mom picked me up as long as I used the bathroom on the Metra rail tracks and not in the bus station. That was nice of him. Mom never came but I made it home ok. I found my bus pass, though! I rode the bus today, too! I really like the new buses here but I wish there was more room in the aisle to stand. People can be so rude to standing passengers! What kind of buses have wide aisles that are good for standing?

Have a great day, Bus-Bros!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The best kind of buses are white junkyard buses

They are equipped with Cummins C8.3-275G natural gas powered 8.3L inline sixes.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Hey does that pos have led lights? Ill pay$

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
I am confused, I thought goons' favourite bus was the Bang Bus?

Britva Cutter
Jul 9, 2006

No, I'm in touch with humanity.

cursedshitbox posted:

This is a h5-60. it was Prevosts first bus designed exclusively in CAD. I have yet to ever work on/drive one, but have seen 3 in the flesh. they're powered by a midship 8v92TA engine. to remove 3 structural members have to be cut then welded back in. The hinge assembly runs about 60 grand usd. they are absofuckinglutely massive.

So these are the things my license restricts. Weird.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

cursedshitbox posted:

Hey does that pos have led lights? Ill pay$

Bug 14, I'm sadly now 3k miles away from that yard but it's one of his favorite lord of the flies yards. I had my eye on it for the engine, until I realized it was a CNG 8.3 not a diesel.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Bus bros,

I'm partial to the Orion II, which is what my local small-town TA was using in the 90s. They have a real low floor, and are quite compact for the amount of interior space they have. If I was going to buy a bus to convert into a camper, I'd probably start looking for one of these. I wonder how hard parts are to source for them; the company has since gone out of business.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Raluek posted:

Bus bros,

I'm partial to the Orion II, which is what my local small-town TA was using in the 90s. They have a real low floor, and are quite compact for the amount of interior space they have. If I was going to buy a bus to convert into a camper, I'd probably start looking for one of these. I wonder how hard parts are to source for them; the company has since gone out of business.

According to a transit wiki that I saw recently, we bought exactly one of these and then never any more.

It served for 10 years before retirement. It is probably in a farmer's field somewhere.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Volvo buses are real good, they last forever. My friend, who works around buses told me they had an old one that had around 3 million kms on it. If that's not good then I don't know what.

Also Mercedes for those huge charter buses.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Saga posted:

I am confused, I thought goons' favourite bus was the Bang Bus?

That's a van, you silly person.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Oh yeah why's it called the Bang Bus then?

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
The gearheads in my family often idly muse building campervan conversions. If I were mechanically capable I'd look to the past.

Maybe an old greyhound?

Or a classic from the old country?

Or even a sacrilegious interwar conversion?

Ben Smash posted:

That seems like a very good bus and the seats look super nice. I'm wondering though, could we build some sort of baby containment area into a bus like that? Perhaps some sort of soundproof vestibule?
Screaming babies aren't a problem if you're already blaring banging choons from your headphones. That's a lil bushack for you, friend

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mechanism Eight posted:

Maybe an old greyhound?

That is a PD4501 aka Scenicruiser. they came with a mated pair of 471 detroits to a T drive 3+2 speed manual, eventually swapped out for a 8v71/4 speed because reliability was shitte. They were never really popular so there arent many left.

Redbull Resto'd one. I don't know the specs.

Here it is sporting 14k front wheels

sitting on standard 12,5.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

cursedshitbox posted:

sitting on standard 12,5.
That's wonderful and it's a massive shame so few remain. It just screams "hella stylish potential motorhome" to me :allears:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Dare one of you to park that in your HOA.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Mechanism Eight posted:

Or even a sacrilegious interwar conversion?

It's like Escher designed a bus

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Breakfast Feud posted:

It's like Escher designed a bus
you rang?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That looks the way it does because, if you look at the side, it's a "police incident control" vehicle from back in the good old days of UK policing. As such, while the original intent was to be a straight single deck, they had to keep the raised secondary area in order to have plausible stairs for people to fall down.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Routemaster bus is best bus:

Voted no 6 British Cultural Icon http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4814088.stm (beaten to the No5 spot by the Web)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

spog posted:

Routemaster bus is best bus:

Voted no 6 British Cultural Icon http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4814088.stm (beaten to the No5 spot by the Web)
As British as the Queen Mum, and twice as popular which would you rather spend the weekend fiddling with?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
'Something, something, Room for One More on Top, something, something, Princess Margaret, something '

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
Say that reminds me there's video of these tilt tests with absolutely classic narration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2_T4WVnnFU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

beep-beep car is go posted:

Clearly, the best bus is a trolleybus.

It combines a bus and a trolley! They are also very quiet.

Somehow they managed to screw up the ones in my area - not only are they prone to breakdown and hard riding they're also noisier than a diesel bus (especially if you're near the back)

They're apparently being retired soon which is a whole other level of stupid but as a commuter I can't say I'll be sad to see the back of them.

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008

Best buses are those that float in case the Sea Ice breaks. Also powered by JP-8.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
IVAN THE TERRA BUS

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

IVAN THE TERRA BUS

My Dad got several rides in him in the early 90's when they were building Scott Base and I 2 lifts last Jan.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Anphear posted:

Best buses are those that float in case the Sea Ice breaks. Also powered by JP-8.

Shouldn't that be Ivan the Glacies Bus?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

~Coxy posted:

Shouldn't that be Ivan the Glacies Bus?
Do you need a :thejoke:?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
My neighbor as a kid was a city bus mechanic. He was AI as gently caress.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Shark Bus!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Plane bus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

Plane bus!

Airbus. :v:

• Locked thread