Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Excuse me, Pillar is the only Jay who deserves to wear a Superman shirt. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Berzerker posted:

Back in elementary school I was catching a softball game and a kid came up to bat and said "Watch this, I'm gonna nail it" and proceed to hit a huge line drive directly into our 65+ year old teacher's neck. She had to go to the hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvbZrOPaZIs
Troy Tulowitzski is very cool. Baseball Dad

I was really hoping the final line was going to be "That kid was Tulo."

At summer camp I once hit a screaming line drive to third base that hit the girl playing there in the face, broke her glasses and knocked her unconscious. As I jogged to first I felt bad but was also pissed because it was a loving beautiful liner.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I was the fat kid who always had someone run for them in kickball :emo:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Mmm yeah inject Goose's hot takes into my veins. That's the stuff.

I unironically agree that we need managers like Earl Weaver and Lou Piniella back. Their meltdowns were a sight to see, and I'll never forget the game I attended where I saw Lou get ejected. Goose forgets that Weaver was the first sabermetic manager though.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

The Cory Liddle thread reminded me, does anyone have the Yankees fan Hiroshima gif, and the one mixed with Josh Hamilton Killin a guy? Those are my other favorite morbid gifs I think about now and then and chuckle to myself about, cause no way in hell can I explain any of these jokes to anyone.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I'm gonna feel like an idiot after asking but I don't get the Torre Torre Torre reference . I know he was the manager but I guess I havnt seen the movie it's referencing

Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

As you can see, we've had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Anderson.

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I'm gonna feel like an idiot after asking but I don't get the Torre Torre Torre reference . I know he was the manager but I guess I havnt seen the movie it's referencing

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

It's a good movie, you should check it out.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Nick Swisher retired. No word yet on whether the Yankees are going to pick up his option.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I got a notice re: my MLB.TV subscription renewing but don't see a thread for sharing, are they cracking down now?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Randy Levine is really stupid and I can't wait for the day he leaves the Yankees, which probably won't happen until he dies because the Steinbrenners are just as bad.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/bryanhoch/status/832995102599553029

good job alienating a fan favorite, Randy

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Also he apparently spent the entire arb hearing mispronouncing "Dellin" as "Dylan". :lol:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
https://twitter.com/jay_jaffe/status/833035164456468480

This is insane. How do you expect a single person to believe that Dellin Betances is killing the team.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

Nick Swisher retired. No word yet on whether the Yankees are going to pick up his option.

I'll always love the '06 A's, because they didn't lose in the ALDS in 5 for a change.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Josh Donaldson is going for an MRI on his calf good thing he reported to ST early

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Randy Levine is super dumb. In fact just look at his face and you'll realize how dumb he is.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

abuse culture. posted:

Josh Donaldson is going for an MRI on his calf good thing he reported to ST early

Oh poo poo :ohdear:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The entire Levine quote isn't quite as inflammatory as the juicy bits,

quote:

"Dellin Betances is a great, great setup man for the New York Yankees and the New York Yankees rewarded him as such by making him the highest-paid, first-time-eligible elite setup man in the history of baseball arbitration,’’ Levine said. “Dellin deserves that. What his agents did was make him a victim of an attempt to change the marketplace in baseball that has been well established for 40 years. I feel bad for Dellin that he was used that way. Anyone who knows the process knows the history is very well established that $5 million goes to elite closers, people who pitch the ninth inning and have a lot of saves. Dellin didn’t have that record. The agent took him to a case in effect like me saying, ‘I am not the president of the Yankees, I’m an astronaut. I am not an astronaut, and Dellin Betances isn’t a closer.’ This was an attempt to use a player to change the market."

but he's still a loving asshit because why say anything? You won the hearing, move on. It also clearly had an effect on Dellin:

quote:

"You look at it a little differently now. I think (free agency) will be a little easier when the time comes."

Furthermore, today is a year to the loving day from Lonn Trost saying his poo poo about poors in the premium seats.

Happy Yankees Executives Are loving Assholes Day, everybody.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Beat guys are reporting Rughy Calf Strain.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Chexoid posted:

https://twitter.com/jay_jaffe/status/833035164456468480

This is insane. How do you expect a single person to believe that Dellin Betances is killing the team.

Relief pitchers are ruining baseball so therefore Dylan Bettances is killing the Yankees

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

so this basically guarantees Dellin to the red sox once he hits free agency, right?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember Randy Levine was the genius that tried to set the value for Mike Trout's free agency and had to be reprimanded by MLB.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GobiasIndustries posted:

I got a notice re: my MLB.TV subscription renewing but don't see a thread for sharing, are they cracking down now?

There was always a thread in Coupons and Deals before, but after what happened last year with accounts getting suspended out of nowhere a few different times it's not shocking to me that nobody has started a new one yet. If you're not really worried about it though, you could always be The One that can Change The World.

Not that anyone will read it but I'll put this in the OP since it's coming up like once per page. If you make a thread I'll put a link to it as well.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I hope Donaldson isn't going to fall apart and die this year

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Donaldson falling apart would be really really bad for the Blue Jays.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I would advise against imagining the most terrifying hypotheticals at least until Spring Training is over.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Here is a cool baseball thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA4X0mMwWtg

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Since we're doing little league chat, for my birthday my wife bought me this display case for my 3 little league home run balls. :3:

I still remember my dad booking it from the opposite field bleachers into the woods to retrieve that grand slam ball.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Since we're doing little league chat, for my birthday my wife bought me this display case for my 3 little league home run balls. :3:

I still remember my dad booking it from the opposite field bleachers into the woods to retrieve that grand slam ball.

I got that same case but bat length. It's really nice but be very careful moving it because that mirror on the bottom cracks real easily.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

:lol:

good av material right there.

E:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

2001? drat kids... :corsair:

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 19, 2017

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Looking forward to my large friend hitting some dingers this Spring.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lol if your little league wasn't in the Clinton administration. Just lol.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Lol if your little league wasn't in the Clinton Bush 41 administration. Just lol.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I wasn't into baseball as a kid. Even when local teams went to the World Series regularly. However, I had a friend who was into baseball because it was father's obsession being forced onto him (in addition he was kind of okay at it). I wish I was still in contact with him, because he was playing still by middle school. And I think there has to be some point in minors baseball, right around that age, where it gets really awkward because I sometimes go to McDonalds and there's kids in uniform taller than I am. If I was on one of those teams at that age, I'm sure the pitcher would look like Sale and I'd be like a blindfolded Altuve.

Unfortunately my friend never even got as far as being some late round bust because a shoulder injury claimed him in high school. School coaches give no fucks about your future, especially if you're the pitcher.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 19, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Lol if your little league wasn't in the Reagan administration. Just lol.

:negative:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Chexoid posted:

I would advise against imagining the most terrifying hypotheticals at least until Spring Training is over.

Too late. :sigh:

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

I'd give you a high five but my shoulder hurts.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Did anyone ever get in touch with MLB.tv to confirm why their account was suspended? Didn't have any issues with mine last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Spoeank posted:

Lol if your little league wasn't in the Clinton administration. Just lol.

Mine started during Ford / Carter... so lol on me I guess. :smith:

• Locked thread