Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Is there a single person on earth who doesn't think Mariano Rivera is 2-to-3 times better than Goose? Besides Goose of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Ah yes, get that man with the 107 OPS+ a ten year deal stat!

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

That episode always reminds me that Steve Sax used to be a thing.

For real though. I guess watching Homer at the Bat during my formative years glitched my brain into assuming he and Scioscia were elite players like all the others, but neither had a career OPS over .700!

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
One of my absolutely favorite things about the sport of baseball is that every single year, without fail, I get to witness something that I have never ever seen happen on the playing field and I think it would be wrong to rob others of that joy. Even for something as dumb as botched IBBs.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Regnevelc posted:

Ah man, one of the old SAS Baseball posters passed yesterday. I cannot remember his forums name for the life of me though. I remember he was a pitcher for ECU though back in 2009 or so (at least that's when we became FB friends). Super nice guy, just had a child

Sad

Was that the guy who went on and on about the Mike Marshall method or whatever? Not trying to be derisive but that's the only thing that came to mind, SAS posters dying is sad :(

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
God I hated the loving Price deal when it was signed and I hate it even more now. Thank christ we finally blew our prospect load on another frontline pitcher in Sale or we'd be turbofucked right out of the gate. And truth be told it's not looking rosy after Sale and Porcello anyway.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

patonthebach posted:

On the other hand if there is a team that can support a ridiculously bad SP contract its probably the red sox. You just had several world series wins in the past 10 years, and right now you have one of the best cores of young, cost controlled position players in the game.

Oh to be sure, my bitching is very much relative. I still like the team a lot, I'm just not 100% sold on both Porcello and Sale putting up ~3.00 ERAs (Porcello due to regression, Sale due to whatever hocus pocus seems to cause disappointing first years in Boston) and if any of our young position players take a step back they're really going to need them to be something like that. I have this weird fear that Pomeranz's arm could fall off any day now too so I'm anxious, but not overly dismayed or anything.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

I stand by my statements about Price and his contract :colbert:

(Please please please prove me wrong, if John Lackey can do it so can you)

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Julio Cruz posted:

Tebow got plunked then doubled off first when he didn't slide :lol:

loving :laffo:

I love cross-sport athletes as much as the next guy but this is insulting to the people he's playing with

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I'm in favor of all fielders wearing John Olerud--style helmets, including pitchers

man that guy owned

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
2016 American League MVP™ Mike Truk

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I would, no lie, vote for Theo Epstein for POTUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Rand alPaul posted:

Five years ago on this night, the A's played the Mariners in Japan at like 4:30AM CST and it was hilarious.

Every once in awhile I'm reminded of the time way back when that Bartolo threw 30 some-odd lovely innings for Boston and looked as cooked as any 300 lb former Cy Young pitcher I've ever seen.

That was nine motherfucking years ago. God bless that fat, beautiful baseballer :patriot:

• Locked thread