Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Uh... cool? I don't really see why we would ever need Chris Carter but he'll mash some taters I guess.

e: I guess this means they have no faith in Tyler Austin?

Or birds shoulder isn't where they expect (signs point to this not being true). Also Carter is really cheap and probably tradable if he mashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Carter was just too cheap to pass up, I think. I would imagine they wouldn't have bothered with Holliday if they had known the slugger market was going to completely bottom out like this.

Agreed. I foresee some pitching heavy team around the all Star break needing hitting and Cashman dumps Carter on them for two AA relief prospects

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

If it means anything I cut out NBA league pass this year because of the Reddit free streams and have been pleasantly surprised. Rarely any problems finding one and consistent quality while watching them.

8/10 would save 100+ dollars again

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Abel Wingnut posted:

i've been running reddit streams consistently for years without any hints of breaches. are these sites really throwing that much malware out?

Agreeing with this. The upvote/downvote system they have helps weed the bad ones out.

Also if you go to a teams specific subreddit, sometimes they have streams that are only posted there. These usually have the announcers of the team you like.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Spring training starts today! 2 hours until half hearted baseball begins!

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

He got a triple later in this game that probably should have been a double.

What I'm trying to say is thank you.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Mr. Fix It posted:

SAS invented a WHOOPS stat. It was Walks, Hits, and Opposing OBP Plus Slugging, somehow combined. That begat WHOOPS+ and, my personal favorite, WHOOPS-. I might be making up WHOOPS- and don't ask me how to derive any of them.

Thank you. I knew I had heard WHOOPS before and the only place it would have been was on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah, I've never really been bothered by Kay. Cone and O'Neill are so good that Kay just seems like backup noise a lot of the time.

This is me as well. Kay is middle of the road and the disdain he got on this forum a few years ago never made sense to me.

• Locked thread