Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

I assume this is Hendricks making a postmodern comment on everyone saying he looks like a hostage in every picture of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Bud Selig thinks Marvin Miller should be in the Hall of Fame. I actually agree with him on something.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Spoeank posted:

Effectively Wild is my favorite but it's mostly tangential.

EW is great and recently they answered my question on their email show and it led to a ridiculous tangent about Barry Bonds. What more can I ask for?

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Spoeank posted:

Was that when they dug up his old like 3-4 year out projections? That was awesome.

No, it was the one about intentional walks. But that was pretty good too.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

tadashi posted:

The way he delivers back back back is a prime example of the flaw in American speech in which yelling a thing repeatedly with no variation in volume or tone = emphasis.

Hey, it works for monster truck rally commercials.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Tim Anderson is a better player than Javier Baez. Not as interesting to watch, though.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I want Yoan Moncada to not flame out and turn into the cool dude I was promised.

Also I hope Melky does OK, I like that guy

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Stroman should be starting the Jays game in Montreal this Friday. Very excited to see him in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

New Concept Hole posted:

Is the combined WAR of that list even positive? Yeesh

Also I'd give Bonds the job again in a heartbeat. He can't be worse than when he last played left field.

pre:
Dave Roberts	-0.2
Fred Lewis	 1.3
Mark DeRosa	-0.7
Pat Burrell	 1.0
Aubrey Huff	 0.2
Andres Torres	-0.2
Michael Morse	 1.1
Nori Aoki	 1.0
Angel Pagan	 1.0
That sums to 4.5 or 0.5 WAR/season. Uh, not great.

• Locked thread