Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Mattingly, (don't) get rid of those sideburns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I feel bad for the guy who has to try and replace Vin Scully this year .

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VtKxqbwpm0

Fun video about Jeff Francoeur by Jon Bois

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I'm gonna feel like an idiot after asking but I don't get the Torre Torre Torre reference . I know he was the manager but I guess I havnt seen the movie it's referencing

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I hope Donaldson isn't going to fall apart and die this year

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
But I like wild pitches on IBB attempts :( also someone mentioned it can mess with the rhythm of the pitcher having to lob 4 balls and then go back to trying to throw as hard as they can . i dunno how true that is but it seems like a silly part of the game to remove

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
The Simpsons episode Homer At The Bat will be 25 years old in May. The HOF is recognizing it

https://www.facebook.com/baseballhall/photos/a.392432467203.180493.58620617203/10154173468182204/?type=3&theater

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Your Taint posted:

That's going to be kind of an awkward tat if Baez ever plays for another team.

Reminds me of Brandon league getting his name and number tattood on his back . I think after he got traded he had to wear a different number but I might just be inventing that for humors sake

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

mpaarating posted:

Not really. I'd rather just see, like, you know, good players.

He was good enough to be the centerpiece of the Donaldson trade!

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

howe_sam posted:

David Price is a mutant?

Oh good, his elbow fixed itself, i'm sure that will turn out fine :ohdear:

quote:

Price said he felt some soreness while warming up for Tuesday’s sim game, though this isn’t out of the ordinary, since he typically hears a “pop” at the start of spring training that tells him his arm is loose and ready for the season. The soreness increased that night.

Uhhh that doesn't sound good

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Apparently the Jays are one of the teams interested in Lawrie . If he could be had for cheap and his ego allows him to be a bench player I would be OK with that , probably a better backup (offensively anyway) than barney or goins in case Travis keeps getting injured

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Young skinny Bartolo at the end there was kinda trippy

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Some sources were saying the ball went 30 feet in the air after hitting his head :gonk:
The human body is really amazing sometimes. Get drilled in the head with a projectile going amazing speeds and come out of it relatively unharmed (not saying this is the case here, extent of the recovery is unknown, but it has happened before). Twist your knee or back slightly in the wrong way and be out for months.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Can you explain this part to me? I've boxed and this is counter-intuitive to me because a punch is way more powerful if you "sit down" on it to drive with your back leg and get a lot of rotation going. Is it that his ready stance is too on the back leg so it's hard for him to poo poo onto it and begin the drive during his swing?

Oh I'd say he's poo poo all over it :v:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I'd play just for the unlimited sushi

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Zigmidge posted:

In any case, I just remembered that it was Ventura, not Odor, that blew up over the flip so I'll just drop this topic out of respect for the dead...

The Walrus posted:

It was dyson that had issue with the flip. Then next season someone threw at bautista in retaliation (was that ventura?) and then joey slid hard into second in subsequent retaliation. It was odor that had lots to say to the press about the batflip after the fact though

Ventura played on the Royals, not the Rangers. I don't remember him ever talking about the bat flip. I vaguely remember a kerfuffle between him and the Jays for hitting batters but I don't remember when or why that was or if its a false memory

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I felt bad when his belt broke against the jays last year and then the fan the next game came with like 3 belts tied together but it will never not be funny

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

I've tried alcohol and I haven't found any type of alcoholic drink that I like the taste of, so I don't drink at all.

Even in college.

I think they're more startled that he has never had a drink ever . You have tried it

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
The food at Skydome is so boring compared to American ballparks :(

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I remember some game where fans in the stands were holding up cards of yes or no in response to things like "bunt?" And "infield in?" What was that from?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I knew Greinke signed a giant contract but I guess I never did the math and figured out how much it was per year - he's making 34 million this year :wth: thats gotta be the highest AAV in baseball right?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

patonthebach posted:

i had a fever dream last night that Pearce was hitting .357 in late June and Bautista already had 19 HR. Morales was working out well and most of our starters were doing ok. Stroman got injured but we still were 1st in the AL. I woke up before the all star break. What does it mean?

All of the dreams I can remember for the last week or so have been about baseball. In my dream world, Jon Lester now pitches for the Jays and Rowdy Tellez is the starting 1b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Shiroc posted:

Fernando Rodney is awful and I don't know how he keeps getting work

Well he just got the win and we all know how valuable pitcher wins are :smug:

• Locked thread