Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
gently caress me if Reyes is out for the year. Also a random gently caress Mike Leake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
https://twitter.com/VanHicklestein/status/765736383121981440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

:(

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

I actually googled that name, because in this world of Destiny Frankensteins and Sicnarf Loopstoks, it was completely plausible that the Cards just had a dude sitting around in AA ready to mash with a ridiculous name.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=sierra000mag

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
kelkboom is an amazing 80 grade name

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jubs posted:

Anything?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/2014_ALDS1.shtml

Something regarding that should make him happy.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The other side of the story is likely that the MLBPA wanted some things and the commissioner wouldn't budge.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I'm surprised Beltran never did that.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Pancakes posted:

As a Central Illinois native who was born in 83 my teams are the Cardinals, Bears, Bulls and Blues. Is it any wonder that in my adult life baseball is by far my favorite of the major professional sports? Those other franchises have just rained disappointment down on me.

Pretty sure getting to watch and cheer for Michael Jordan as a kid makes up for whatever the Bulls have been doing since '98.

The other ones, yea, baseball makes sense.

Mike_V posted:

Anyways, have the Cardinals decided how they're going to handle Molina/Kelly? I assume Matheny is going to run Yadi out there to start for 150 games.

He will absolutely run Yadi out there for the maximum amount of games he can get out of him.

Your Taint posted:

Sup fellow weird baseball/football fandom goon.

Cardinals/Bears is weird. I know a million Packers/Cubs fans, assuming that's who you cheer for.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 10, 2017

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

To be fair, Matheny and top management went into spring training with "this season is going to be all about baserunning and defense!" He excels at those two things by far. And then they said, nah, you are going to be platooned. So, if this platooning is due to his poor spring, it makes it even worse. Of course, however, it does make sense to platoon him. But, management is going back on all their talk about defense and baserunning, then.

I'm unsure why Jhonny Peralta has seemingly locked up third base though. He was very bad coming off the injury last season and is 35 years old. Gyorko should be filling in time at 3rd, 2nd, and 1st. Not just platooning with Wong.

And the whole Carpenter is a first baseman now leaves Matt Adams with zero games. Unless they are literally going to trot him out to LF to murder Dexter Fowler on gap shots, which again, goes against all this defense and baserunning poo poo Matheny and Mo have been spouting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Julio Cruz posted:

Felix has noticeably dropped off over the last 2 seasons, at this point it's much more likely he's done than he's going to win the CY.

He went through an injury last season and finished CY-7 the year before :confused:

• Locked thread