Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm actually pretty excited to see the Braves play. They came on pretty well at the end of the year last year once Freddi got the boot.
They were fun to watch the last half of last year and should be even more this year between old guys like Bartolo and new guys like Dansby. They may do the opposite and get worse in like July selling decent veterans who got hot to make room for Ruiz or Albies or whatever pitcher looks like they're gonna pan out at the moment (Newcomb? Soroka?). But what I realized last year is even a bad baseball team wins like 40% of their games so just watch all of them and it can't hurt that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

You can do the same with an FSN app but the FSN app is horrible.
Are they the same across all sub FSNs? The Fox Sports South one the Braves are on sucks balls. Just randomly rejects your valid cable login half the time.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Dave Stewart: ‘My gut the whole time said I shouldn’t move Dansby Swanson.’"

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/02/15/dave-stewart-my-gut-the-whole-time-said-i-shouldnt-move-dansby-swanson/

lol

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Judges, do we have an official BSOHL for Matt Kemp? They're signaling "no", but it's close:

quote:

"He looks great," Braves manager Brian Snitker said. "When I saw him, I said, 'You look like you did when you played center field for the Dodgers. He's in great shape."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

RC and Moon Pie posted:

A high school kid was killed by a baseball in the dugout a couple of years ago. Oddly, it was an errant infield throw between innings. Medical personnel were right there, but it happened to hit him in the wrong place.

All the area high schools soon had netting in front of the dugouts.
That's crazy, how hard could a ball be coming into a dugout if it's a wild throw from the infield?

A few years ago I remember the thing everyone was concerned with kids was the fact that there's some timing in your heartbeat where if a ball hits you in the right spot on your chest you go into arrhythmia and that's it, velocity isn't really the thing.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That looks like the Internet tryhard garbage they made a big production out of at Turner Field last season, like the hamburger between two frozen pizzas. Like gross thoughtless food can be awesome but you don't have to let 700 redditors all chime in on the recipe.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Fell into a Wikipedia hole that led to the last years of the Expos and realized I had totally forgotten the MLB tried to kill the Twins alongside them.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

A loaded gun was along the items stolen from John Rocker's car the other day. Pretty sure a randomly selected car burglar is more likely to be responsible with a gun than John Rocker, so that's a win for the people of Atlanta?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

TheChaosPath posted:

I would like the Braves to win 70 games
My hope is ROTY for Dansby (but my prediction is he actually regresses a little bit from a hot .300 with basically no power).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I've been dozens of times but can never keep Atlanta geography straight: where's SunTrust relative to the problem with I-85?

• Locked thread