Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I hope Michael Brantley is able to play this year. If he's nearly as good as 2014-15 then the Indians lineup looks to be exceptional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Here is a cool baseball thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA4X0mMwWtg

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Good Dog posted:

I realized I never looked at this year's schedule and who the Angels play (like vs NL). The Angels have four Mike Trout bobblehead giveaways this year. 3 different regular ones, and a double headed MVP. And.... Nolan Ryan

They were going to make Pujols ones but the legs kept breaking off before they could even get them to the stadium.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Yan Gomes just declared himself as being in the BSOHL. Is that allowed?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Popete posted:

Boog Powell? This dude has to be in the Cardinals org.

Boog is in the Mariners minors system. I got him to sign a ball at the Fanfest last year because who would turn down a ball that says "Boog", but I got rid of it after he got busted for PEDs and I didn't think he would ever play a single game in the majors.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Inspector_666 posted:

Here's a piece about why Trout isn't a megastar. It's very good, and even touches on why scouts didn't really go see him much in high school.

https://twitter.com/MJ_Baumann/status/847620119463198720

I like how this article confirms that Mike Trout is basically the super friendly dork that his endorsement quotes and pictures on the Super Pretzel box made me assume he was.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Fernando Rodney is awful and I don't know how he keeps getting work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The day the Mariners finally dumped Rodney was great. I don't think I would dislike him so much if he was just bad, but he's so impossibly erratic. Will it be a 1,2,3 inning or will he give up 4 runs after walking three people, hitting two and 3-4 wild pitches?

• Locked thread