Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Can't wait for those names to show up in the Hardball Dynasty name generator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Moncada's kid's bat flip game is starting out strong.

https://twitter.com/PlayBall/status/832620644248412165

I went to a little league game two years ago and it had hilarious poo poo like this. A kid that slid into every base. Fifteen kids in the infield. A kid in the outfield eating grass. A kid that never threw the ball and just tried to outrun the runner to first. A kid that hit the base of the tee every single time.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

R.D. Mangles posted:

cubs need to trade for this guy and make him lester's personal catcher forming the Yips Battery
https://twitter.com/CSNNE/status/832666355715313664

Get this man some Fredericks of Hollywood catalogs and he'll be fine.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Randy Levine is super dumb. In fact just look at his face and you'll realize how dumb he is.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember Randy Levine was the genius that tried to set the value for Mike Trout's free agency and had to be reprimanded by MLB.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rob Manfred sucks and seeing pitchers throw wild pitches and being completely out of sync after throwing them is awesome. poo poo some of the Tigers best bullpen meltdowns came from Leyland forcing guys to come in out of the pen and intentionally walking a guy and then not being able to find the strike zone again.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sonny Gray was kicked off the WBC roster because their insurance carrier wouldn't cover him :lol:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tom Gorman posted:

The ideal swing mindset is just to step up to the plate and imitate Gary Sheffield as closely as possible.

This is my strategy for beer league softball so I don't know how well it works in MLB but I figure there has to be some carryover.

I straight up do this and it's great.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

A pool for the Dodgers to jump in when they clinch. How thoughtful.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Technically Huston Street's delivery is also illegal under the new rules because his pivot foot leaves the rubber as he goes from one side of the the plate to another.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

N: Greg Bird hit a 2-run shot entirely out of the stadium in Tampa today.

V: I think his shoulder is feeling pretty good.

The pitch right before Bird's mammoth dinger was a hanging slider that Sanchez nearly came out of his shoes swinging at.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

tadashi posted:

N: Brett Lawrie's getting released.

V:

I read the breaking news on Daily rear end Bible

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Donaldson trade was basically one of those 4-for-1 trades you receive in Fantasy Baseball that you immediately reject.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pitchers are big loving babies.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ice To Meet You posted:

The Cubs were always bad.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Detroit Tigers are going to be so loving awful this season.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

cis autodrag posted:

Can you explain this part to me? I've boxed and this is counter-intuitive to me because a punch is way more powerful if you "sit down" on it to drive with your back leg and get a lot of rotation going. Is it that his ready stance is too on the back leg so it's hard for him to poo poo onto it and begin the drive during his swing?

You want to have all your momentum pushing forward, like a golf swing. If it's on the back foot you just sapped all your power and your hips are doing nothing.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ammat The Ankh posted:

https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/842051579293401089

These are pretty good, but the U.S.'s logo looks too sci-fi and is also orange for some reason.

Ireael's would sell so many copies.

The USA cap looks straight up fascist and I'd expect it to be in a Paul Verhoeven movie.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Fell into a Wikipedia hole that led to the last years of the Expos and realized I had totally forgotten the MLB tried to kill the Twins alongside them.

And it had nothing to do with Bud Selig's daughter owning the territorial rival Milwaukee Brewers.

Nope! Not a thing. *whistles*

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

N:

V: SPRING TRAINING DOES TOO MATTER!

The Detroit Tigers are a bad team that's going to be big time sellers at the deadline.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Manny hit a double off the wall in his first AB in Japan

https://twitter.com/SalaDeportivaRD/status/842434567051087872

Manny being Manny :allears:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Someone please hire me to do play-by-play so I can call home runs Quadrangulars

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hawk Harrelson's homerun call is actually good because it's so bad. It's like the movie Demolition Man.

Also, I miss Dan Patrick's "the whiff" during Sportscenter highlights. Holy gently caress ESPN still has a catchphrases website up that has it in Real Player Audio format lol.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Enrico Palazzo is alive and well, my friends.

https://twitter.com/braunerhulk/status/845772828578320384

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Tigers are sending Anthony Gose back to the minors to become a pitcher :lol:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

Wasn't there another Cuban player who came over and did the same thing? Was it Yoenis?

Yoenis if I recall correctly ate giant glasses of whole milk mixed with sugar. Also he ate steak for every meal.

Spoeank posted:

Sorry Jarrett Parker, you had a nice run in LF.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 27, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

bawfuls posted:

Don't sleep on Ryu, dude has thrown the second most innings this spring on the team behind Kershaw, and has a 2.57 ERA and 12/1 K/BB with a sub-1 WHIP to go with it. The Monster is back!

I like Ryu. He's cool. I'm rooting for him.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Five years ago on this night, the A's played the Mariners in Japan at like 4:30AM CST and it was hilarious.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ice To Meet You posted:

Mike Pelfrey didn't make it to the second year of his contract. I am shocked!

:lol: Tigers ate close to $14MM in bad money this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I really want to hate the Cubs but this is so good.

Has a very This is Sportscenter vibe to it.

• Locked thread