Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Ventura played on the Royals, not the Rangers. I don't remember him ever talking about the bat flip. I vaguely remember a kerfuffle between him and the Jays for hitting batters but I don't remember when or why that was or if its a false memory

For whatever reason the Royals loved throwing at Josh Donaldson a lot more than Bautista, including Kelvin Herrera flat out throwing at his head. I think that was Edinson Volquez as the starter and not Ventura in that particular game, although maybe Ventura was involved in a different Jays/Royals thing.

If I remember right that was kinda early in the season and there were several beefs with other teams. They (the Royals) mostly settled down after that but they spent the first month or two of the season being really dumb about throwing at people/taking revenge if someone got hit.

e: poo poo it was Brett Lawrie with the A's where Herrera blatantly threw at his head.

He did hit Josh Donaldson in the head once but it was a change up that got away from him and not part of an ongoing thing.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

patonthebach posted:

Like a thousand people have slid into SS or 2nd baseman over the past 5 seasons. Thats the last punch I remember.

You gotta admit it was a pretty beautiful punch as punches go in major sports though.

I'm still a little annoyed that Bautista claimed it was a sucker punch, there was a shove first after his dirty slide and he was obviously in a stance to throw a punch after that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

That seemed

Mostly ok?

I dunno, I wanted him to shut the hell up and listen to the crowd a lot earlier than he did. Not that I ever stopped appreciating him but it made me appreciate Denny Matthews a little more.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

oh like every single year of his career

For some reason I thought his problem showing up after the off season fat every year and slowly losing weight during the season?

Like he'd go home and just eat when he wasn't playing baseball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Psssh, if it was good enough for Jimmie Foxx it's good enough for me.

*destroys life with booze but is happy while doing it*

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Luigi Thirty posted:

thanks to the WBC

The WBC was seriously so good. I'm almost not looking forward to the actual MLB season since it won't measure up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Rand alPaul posted:

Yoenis if I recall correctly ate giant glasses of whole milk mixed with sugar. Also he ate steak for every meal.

Suddenly Jim Harbaugh wishes he could recruit Yoenis to Michigan.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sharknado slashfic posted:

I would like the Orioles to keep breaking fangraphs.

I would like the Royals to go back to doing this, and also breaking my brain in a good way instead of a bad one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

Jose Canseco got hired as a sports analyst for NBC Sports California. Good... or bad?

Probably good in a sort of train wreck fashion.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Poque posted:

he'll throw one worse than 50 cent and then talk about Obama

Yeah I'm kind of actually looking forward to this, silly Trump things are good Trump things at this point.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
To be fair I think I'd like to piss on Chipper Jones too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

canadianclassic posted:

yeah but greinke turned to poo poo as soon as he got paid

He got paid a few times before that and doesn't strike me as the type of guy to go "oh this is how much money I need."

Wait, he actually might strike me as that type of guy but not for reasons anyone else could understand. Zack's a weird dude.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--Alous are a good one

Pancakes posted:

What are some other MLB families that could match them in baseball? The Griffeys and the Fielders I guess, but didn't the Molinas' father actually die of a heart attack that he had on a baseball field that he built and tended for the neighborhood kids in Puerto Rico? That feels like something out of a Field of Dreams ripoff, not real life.

The Ripkens? Boones maybe?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shiroc posted:

The day the Mariners finally dumped Rodney was great. I don't think I would dislike him so much if he was just bad, but he's so impossibly erratic. Will it be a 1,2,3 inning or will he give up 4 runs after walking three people, hitting two and 3-4 wild pitches?

I know there are reasons it's not the best stat but his ERA+ column is fun to look at on BR.

He's got a 641 for a full year! And a 1306 (!) for a partial year, until he was traded and then there's a 67 for the rest of it.

• Locked thread