Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
I am writing the NPB previews and I got a question for yous....

When I give the position player "/" line is there any other stats you think might be important

What would be a Pitcher's "/" line? I got ERA / WHIP / K/BB and I am going to add K/9. Anything else that I am forgetting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

tadashi posted:

I think NPB does give you SF against pitchers which is the one small stat that most non-MLB leagues don't give you that allows you to get FIP. So I think it's doable if someone puts in a little bit of time.

I made a FIP 2016 Spread sheet and now have that stat on my previews.

http://1point02.jp/op/index.aspx
has the saber for the top 20 or so players if you want to pay you cane get more.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

tadashi posted:

This is so weird.

What would be hilarious is if Loria was able to cozy up to someone politically, so to speak, in order to sell another team.

This is awesome. Is there a button I can press to translate to English? Using Chrome made some interesting names like wRC+ leader "Cylinder incense Jia Ji" and batting title contender "In the corner Katsuya".

There is an English check box on the right side of the different stat types list after "Value".

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

TenementFunster posted:

stay healthy, ichiro! gotta beat rose as a 49-year-old

Haha this was all over the Japanese News last night. National Crisis!

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Could I ask somebody with access to the Play Index to check a fun fact for me? While doing research for the NPB thread I found Tetsuto Yamada.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=yamada000tet

Japan has a made up stat line called :frogsiren:The Triple Three:frogsiren:
Triple Three = players that recorded a .300 or better batting average, thirty or more home runs, and thirty or more stolen bases in a single season.

The fun fact is Yamada is the first player in pro baseball history to win the Triple Three in two consecutive years. Is this true?

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

will_colorado posted:

Nope, Vlad Guerrero did in 2001 and 2002. There may be other pro leagues where it happened, but he was the last MLB player to do it.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/guerrvl01.shtml

2001: .304/34HR/37SB
2002: .336/39HR/40SB

Thanks!

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

IcePhoenix posted:

I listened to game 7 of '91 at work the other day because I didn't feel like listening to the radio/podcasts.

You tube has a bunch of old raido broadcasts. I listened to a 196? Cubs v Brooklyn game. A young Vin Scully calling a Sandy Colfax start. The Dodgers gave 1000 cigarettes to veterans hospitals for every HR.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Whoo! Go Netherlands! They are making a game of this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

elentar posted:

New in KC this season

What is it? I see bacon, powdered sugar, and fried (?) .

• Locked thread