Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Moving to Chicago soon and I'm super stoked to avoid Red Line all summer and also see the Twins for like half the cost of a home game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

DeepDickPizza posted:

Since I posted that like five minutes ago, Fowler tweeted this.
https://twitter.com/DexterFowler/status/833393294268731392

Haha. The racists are gonna run him out of town by year 3.

:smith:

He's gonna have a bad time. :(

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Popete posted:

It's all in the hips.

You need some sort of weight shift to generate any kind of power, it generally looks like a gentle rocking motion back and forward. He looks very uncomfortable in that stance as he has all his weight back and never comes forward with it so his arms are doing all the work and he's just reaching out at the pitch. This is probably because he is having trouble catching up to major league fastballs well also being able to wait back on an offspeed pitch. So instead of striding forward and being late he's just waiting back and using only his arms to make weak contact (but at least contact). He ain't gonna get anywhere with that kind of swing.

SIDENOTE: If anyone is interested this is an awesome article I found awhile back and was the first I had ever heard of rotational hitting which is to say how baseball players swing. It really shows how so many cues that coaches tell kids and even adults is just garbage that's been regurgitated for decades because no one bothered to review what real hitters did.

http://www.efastball.com/hitting/major-league-baseball-swing-rotational-hitting/

A few pages back (I've obviously been out for a couple weeks--moved to Chicaaaago), but that vid of Josh Donaldson talking about his swing is great, too. And super quotable. "If your coach tells you to get on top of the ball, you say 'No.'"

rickiep00h fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 16, 2017

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The Beefiest of Lads.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

IcePhoenix posted:

Since you technically posted two things I am going to as well.

I want Miguel Sano and Byron Buxton to mature into Real Good hitters

I want Twins pitching to be League Average instead of Real Real Bad.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Timby posted:

Sounds like a Bill Veeck thing.

'twas. It was because his team at the time (I don't remember which because I don't remember the year and I'm lazy) was so bad that pretty much the whole town was writing into the newspaper about how bad they were, so Veeck took 'em to task and essentially said "You think you can do better?" Part of the reason it worked is because they had attendance in the low hundreds because they were doing so badly at the time.

Pretty sure they ended up losing, but it didn't actually make the game appreciably longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The Berzerker posted:

The Jays signed Chris Coghlan. Curious to see what they do with him / where they put him.

Hovering around second base for use as necessary.

• Locked thread