Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

NiceGuy posted:

I stand by my statements about Price and his contract :colbert:

(Please please please prove me wrong, if John Lackey can do it so can you)

Stick to your guns, it doesn't matter if the Sox win a world series this year. A bad contract is a bad contract.

It's just like paying 180 million dollars for someone who can't hit.

http://deadspin.com/jason-heyward-rebuilt-his-butt-swing-from-scratch-1792937777

Jason's swing is in the best shape of it's life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Timby posted:

Heyward can hit, though, he consistently proved it for years before coming to Chicago. I don't think anyone could have predicted him to fall off a cliff / get mauled by wolves the way he did last season.

Counterpoint, I'm a braves fan. Yes, many of us thought he couldn't hit.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

As evidenced by his ops+ of 114 in his 5 seasons there as a 20-24 year old? lol

Ops+ of 114 across 5 seasons of a player everybody knew was gonna break the bank(He did BTW). LOL!!!!!. OK stat boy you take your 114 and 4 whole gold gloves and 1 all star award. Listen, i like the guy and was so hopeful after 2010, but i'm glad the Braves didn't pony up for him. I'm just having fun, we loved J-Hey but it was soooooo obvious he wasn't gonna be worth the money. As a reminder at first people just said this guy is huge, why can't he hit home runs. Now it's why can't he hit.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

I remember the Rays trotting out Carlos Pena's .200 bat for 4 years because it was a .200/.350/.400 bat.

I remember he walked a-lot but surely his slugging percentage was higher then 400?

• Locked thread