Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

They were fun to watch the last half of last year and should be even more this year between old guys like Bartolo and new guys like Dansby. They may do the opposite and get worse in like July selling decent veterans who got hot to make room for Ruiz or Albies or whatever pitcher looks like they're gonna pan out at the moment (Newcomb? Soroka?). But what I realized last year is even a bad baseball team wins like 40% of their games so just watch all of them and it can't hurt that bad.

You are so right about this. As bad as the Braves were, the season still had some enjoyable moments. I think having the team come out and finally say "we're rebuilding" made it easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Judges, do we have an official BSOHL for Matt Kemp? They're signaling "no", but it's close:

He does look like he's dropped a few pounds. Let's just hope they don't find him and Bartolo Colon passed out in a Waffle House covered in syrup and hash browns.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

Athanatos posted:

Nascar guys are in cars with helmets on for entire races and they do a fine job marketing their stars. I dont even watch Nascar, but could probably spot a lot of them if they were in a crowd.

MLB just needs to pump the ad budget, get a ton of young superstars together, and shill the gently caress out of them. Get Mike Trout on Conan or some late night show hitting dingers in a parkinglot. Get Andrew MccCutchen to prank his teammates with something dumb, then youtube it. The Red Bull Kris Bryant video has 5 million views. Get out there and get eyes on your stars, and hope that draws them to games.

Sponsorship deals are the key to NASCAR. There are tons of ads with drivers selling mayonnaise, beer, AARP memberships, and insurance.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

I believe he's still shook from taking that pitch to the jaw.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

elentar posted:

Chip Caray loving sucks though, imagine quitting in solidarity with someone who sucks that bad

I never really understood the Chip Caray hate. I'm not saying he's good, but I think he's tolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I've been dozens of times but can never keep Atlanta geography straight: where's SunTrust relative to the problem with I-85?

Looks like it's about 15-ish miles northwest of the collapse.

• Locked thread