Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Russ Martin was kicked off team Canada for the same reason and he was gonna play SS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

tadashi posted:

It worked for Joey Bats, Josh Donaldson, Marlon Byrd (to some extent) and Justin Turner. Maybe Heyward should look at what they did?

Edwin as well.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

On one hand, David Price is cool as hell. On the other, gently caress the Red Sox.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The only way to prevent tjs is to be ra dickey and not have a ucl.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Sad to see a Canadian player going out of the game, regardless of whether he was any good or not

Someone will sign him.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

chilihead posted:

Counterpoint, I'm a braves fan. Yes, many of us thought he couldn't hit.

As evidenced by his ops+ of 114 in his 5 seasons there as a 20-24 year old? lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

chilihead posted:

Ops+ of 114 across 5 seasons of a player everybody knew was gonna break the bank(He did BTW). LOL!!!!!. OK stat boy you take your 114 and 4 whole gold gloves and 1 all star award. Listen, i like the guy and was so hopeful after 2010, but i'm glad the Braves didn't pony up for him. I'm just having fun, we loved J-Hey but it was soooooo obvious he wasn't gonna be worth the money. As a reminder at first people just said this guy is huge, why can't he hit home runs. Now it's why can't he hit.

You said you knew he couldn't hit when he was in Atlanta. He was an above average hitter when most players are in AA. I'm not sure what the rest of what you wrote is supposed to mean.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Nards Pan posted:

If Arod and Tebow decide to Eiffel tower Jennifer Lawrence - which one "Plays for the SEC" if you know what I mean?

What the gently caress is wrong with you.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Also they don't want to look like doofuses.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Blue Jays need to sign Eric Gagne.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I would like nothing more than for him to be great but I am going to be deeply surprised if he is.

He's gonna rock the poo poo this year.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mods, please change my name to Todd Bonzalez thanks.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I would like the Blue Jays to win the world series.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm sorry to break your heart but Kevin Pillar is bad at hitting and will continue to be bad at hitting.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Walrus posted:

I said *hope*! he's having a fantastic ST. But even just the GG would be cool.

He has no power and can't help but swing at anything near the zone tumbling off the plate into the dirt in the other batters while I yell at him from space.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Walrus posted:

I mean yeah I agree, it's not going to happen I know it. but his at bats really look good this spring. nice discipline, good sense of the zone. don't actually think I've seen him SO in the game's I've seen. obviously he's never going to be a power hitter but if he can hit opposite to a shift on a somewhat regular basis setting up top of the order that would be such an incredibly key piece in the jays arsenal

If he doesn't learn to take a walk (he won't) his OBP is gonna have a heck of a time staying above .300. He doesn't even strike out that much its just that he hits so much poo poo that's borderline or worse and thus makes a lot of bad contact.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Drew Hutchison is the most awful piece of poo poo I've ever seen

He is worth two sorta prospects and Liriano though!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Walrus posted:

It seemed like carrera and goins were better clubhouse fits than upton. That plus uptons trade value it kind of nakes sense to me

Lol no it doesn't.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Twin Cinema posted:

I just don't understand why you'd want to keep Goins on this team when you already have a slight upgrade with Barney.

Because Atkins and Shapiro are really bad and dumb.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Versatility at what? Liability for what?

Goins is an all glove no hit mif, which the Jays have in Barney already, not to mention Petit, Diaz and Berti. Urena is even an option at some point if need be.

Meanwhile Upton hits LHP very well and can play all three OF positions and do so pretty well. Instead the Jays are going to rely on Pearce, who can't throw yet, and Carrera who stinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Pearce can play 2B if he has to. Meanwhile its a bunch of garbage in the OF and if Pillar gets hurt, who plays CF?

And spring stats mean jack poo poo. A Coghlan/Upton platoon in LF with Pearce at 1B would be quite good and instead its going to be Carrera and Pearce while Smoak plays 1B and Goins is the best pinch hitter off the bench....

The roster management that Atkins/Shapiro have shown in the last two offseasons and springs has been atrocious.

• Locked thread