Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

As you can see, we've had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Anderson.
IT'S BASEBALL TIME EVERYONE

COMING SOON TO MY FAVORITE STADIUM, GUARANTEED RATE FIELD

poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

Not That Into You posted:

Just got my MLB.tv renewal notice -- does anyone know if the same sharing rules (5 concurrent streams) apply this year?

I don't know that there was ever a formal 'rule' like this - that's just what groups have been limiting themselves to in order to avoid drawing any attention from MLB. IIRC there was some trouble last year with people having accounts completely shut down, but I think that had more to do with group members using VPN proxies than with the size of groups - my group of five had no problems last year, anyway.

Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

Today in Dumping on Chris Christie:

Chris Christie posted:

The Phillies suck. Let’s just start with that. They’re from Philadelphia. They’re an awful team. They’re an angry, bitter fan base and it’s not safe for civilized people to go to Citizens Bank Park if you want to root for the other team.
https://twitter.com/Phillies/status/832296363715092481

Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

tadashi posted:

Doesn't most of southern Jersey cheer for the Phillies?

I guess you can expect this from a Cowboys fan, though.

Here in central NJ, the local Target/Walmart/etc. stores sell both Philles and Yankees gear

sorry Mets fans

Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I'm gonna feel like an idiot after asking but I don't get the Torre Torre Torre reference . I know he was the manager but I guess I havnt seen the movie it's referencing

Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

it's gonna be a long year for the ol' White Sox

Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

It is bizarre to me that Mike Trout is only 25 and is already demonstrably one of the best players to have ever played the game, the dude has two MVPs and three second-place finishes in those five years, and people barely care the same way they do about, say, LeBron

It doesn't help that he's kind of bland though

Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

Chris James 2 posted:

I've been looking for a new book to read on my Kindle, and have always been interested in hearing about one team's season/period, or just one period in general in a league. Has anyone read Split Season 1981? That and Dynastic, Bombastic, Fantastic: Charlie Finley's Swingin' A's caught my attention

I could also take recommendations of course

I haven't read either of those, but Joe Posnanski's The Machine fits the bill too. It's about (obviously) the 1975 Reds team.

MerklesBoner posted:

and IMHO Renel Brooks-Moon is the best PA announcer ever.

This is what I remember more than anything about visiting that stadium!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phonoxen
Feb 15, 2017

The Pussy Boss posted:

White Sox extended Tim Anderson for 6 years + 2 options. He had a nice rookie season, although somewhat overshadowed by the incredible wave of shortstop talent that's come along in the last couple years

I'm down, why the gently caress not

• Locked thread