Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Well, yes, that is the reasonable conclusion most people here guessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Good Dog posted:

Yeah I only had one goon ask about joining my group but I decided to not even get an mlb.tv account this year. I think I watched 1-2 games on it. I barely have time for Angels games and I can't use that for them anyways. Maybe if they lift the blackouts or if they let me enter my TWC information I'd get it again, but meh.

The Giants, and at least one other team with a CSN/NBC based RSN (maybe all of them?), have done a nice thing and are streaming their games to fans in the blackout zone on the condition that you use a carrier login from someone in the blackout zone and also that you are watching from physically within the blackout zone. You just have to use the NBC Sports app for the various streaming devices.

So calling Vegas part of the San Francisco broadcast zone (and five other teams because MLB honestly thinks we should pay for six out-of-state RSNs) has gone from a horrid curse to a dumbass's blessing, because my Comcast SF account should should be alright for watching their games this year.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

bawfuls posted:

meanwhile, Ryu's fastball was last seen at 84-86 mph :smith:

Boras probably put him on the Zito Regimen. Get ready for MVP bunts and inexplicably unhittable stuff.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

That's a clown balk, bro.

edit: really now both his feet go airborne and you can tell because the toes of his back foot pivots dramatically for a guy in cleats and his pants leg reacts as he hits the ground.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 17, 2017

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I wasn't into baseball as a kid. Even when local teams went to the World Series regularly. However, I had a friend who was into baseball because it was father's obsession being forced onto him (in addition he was kind of okay at it). I wish I was still in contact with him, because he was playing still by middle school. And I think there has to be some point in minors baseball, right around that age, where it gets really awkward because I sometimes go to McDonalds and there's kids in uniform taller than I am. If I was on one of those teams at that age, I'm sure the pitcher would look like Sale and I'd be like a blindfolded Altuve.

Unfortunately my friend never even got as far as being some late round bust because a shoulder injury claimed him in high school. School coaches give no fucks about your future, especially if you're the pitcher.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

One less homeless-looking person on the streets of SF.

• Locked thread