Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Abel Wingnut posted:

though that segment owned a whole hell of a lot, don't forget maddux is pitching from like 35' away and bryant's still detecting the curve

Somebody's Cubs Chat is in the BSOHL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Rand alPaul posted:

I went to a little league game two years ago and it had hilarious poo poo like this. A kid that slid into every base. Fifteen kids in the infield. A kid in the outfield eating grass. A kid that never threw the ball and just tried to outrun the runner to first. A kid that hit the base of the tee every single time.

"Stop playing with the dirt" -- me, about every 6 minutes coaching my team.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Spoeank posted:

Lol if your little league wasn't in the Clinton administration. Just lol.

Mine started during Ford / Carter... so lol on me I guess. :smith:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

iKickDogs posted:

It's good that there are words on it. Who knows what mike trout would have done otherwise.

"Catcher Tags Runner Out"

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Omne posted:

My wife is letting me convert the bonus room to a bit of a man cave, and I want to watch baseball there. For those of you who use the MLB.TV apps, what are your thoughts on it? Any devices in particular that are better, or does it not matter between Apple TV/Chromecast/Amazon Fire/Roku?

I think it's largely personal UI preference, but I love the Apple TV app.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

CubsWoo posted:

Jason Heyward "New Swing" Spring Training Statistics:

0/8, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 2 K, .000/.111/.000

E: now 0/11 after this afternoon's game

Getting rid of all the bad swings in spring training is a pretty veteran move.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Popete posted:

Injury correlating to performance? That's just confirmation bias, I'm not gonna fall into the SABER nerds trap.

Clearly on field performance is a direct reflection of a players innate grit and hustle and no fancy numbers gonna change my mind.

Players with a lot of grit never get hurt, so maybe there is something to it after all!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Plucky underdog AMERICA wins the WBC!

Did they celebrate in an appropriate manner? I can't be happy about this until I know if they expressed their emotions the right way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I would like Gary Sanchez to live up to 75-80% of the hype this season. Was debating asking for some consistent starting pitching from 4/5th of the rotation, but that's probably too much.

• Locked thread