Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
If you want some baseball that counts while waiting for WBC/regular season, college ball gets started this weekend. Post here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Dunno if it's his best shape but it's a goddamn beautiful one all the same

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

ChiTownEddie posted:

This. And I'm a Cubs fan whose all time favorite player might be Maddux.

I loved baseball before Maddux, but watching him week in week out on TBS was what made sure I would love it for life.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

It did give us the Cory. Lidle thread, which remains the best moment in SAS history

So great still.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Julio Cruz posted:

His current average of 1.6 WAR/year puts his market value at about $12.5M AAV. It's possible that some teams would take him at 10/$125 but I guarantee he'd never sign for that.

The Frank Wren Braves didn't do much right but (barring injury, oh god) that Freddie Freeman contract is a miracle.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Popete posted:

Not pictured a gun pointed at his head just out of frame.

If you don't buy this picture, we'll shoot this cub.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

There is spring training ball on the MLB app right now and I am just so pathetically grateful.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

He's hard to meme and even the ones that should be slam dunks are complete slap dash jobs:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Braves fans would have told you that he'd go into deep slumps that would drive you crazy, especially at the beginnings of seasons, but the hot spells and the consistent defensive wizardry made it worth while. That said, he never really fulfilled the promise of his rookie year (mostly because of a steep drop in his walk rate) and the 2014 season made it clear that his inconsistency could stretch out long enough that Freeman was clearly the better bet in the long run.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Not until they're married I think

Except for the ones who go for the back-door slide.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Tebow got a hit.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

New in KC this season

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Popete posted:

It's a funnel cake with fried chicken and bacon.

You will die.

Also pulled pork and extra cheese product.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Timby posted:

He quit because Dusty basically let the players declare war on the broadcast team (and because the team made no effort to keep Chip Caray from going to Atlanta).

Chip Caray loving sucks though, imagine quitting in solidarity with someone who sucks that bad

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

BasicFunk posted:

I never really understood the Chip Caray hate. I'm not saying he's good, but I think he's tolerable.

Hmm. Joe Simpson is the really awful one, it's just between the pair they magnify each other's inadequacies and make the TV broadcasts intolerable. (Also it doesn't help that Skip Caray was the gold standard of Braves announcing and will remain so for a while yet.) Fortunately the radio crew is solid and it's generally no problem to mute TV audio and flick on the radio feed.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Braves going strong into the food monstrosity race with the "Tomahawk Chop" sandwich, a fried porkchop behemoth that feeds 4-6, though only after you force a few thousand people off their land first. (Does actually sound kinda good though).

• Locked thread