Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
To be fair, offensive linemen have disgusting eating habits out of necessity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's impressive as hell Capps can do such an awkward move and still rifle it in there.

And by awkward I mean illegal as all hell

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

His right foot clearly leaves the ground already though so what about the "height of his hop" are you saying should be monitored?

also Puig is ready for.... something

https://twitter.com/JesusQuinonezTV/status/832616201071124482

[to Madbum]
"Well, pardon me young man, excuse the poo poo out of my goddamn French but did you just threaten me?"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Whenever someone mentions Joe Torre, "Torre! Torre! Torre!" pops into my head and it gives me a little joy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My sister and I played little league together & I'm a lefty and she's a righty. She was so bad the coaches asked her to try throwing lefty :lol:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lol if your little league wasn't in the Clinton administration. Just lol.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Reddit is piss easy to find good streams.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I swear to fuckin God if Manfred implements that stupid loving runner on second rule imma lose my poo poo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Your Taint posted:

This should only be implemented after the 15th inning or something, not right away in the 10th.

15th inning is fine because weird baseball shenanigans aside you're starting to tax pitchers and potentially hurt people and you're getting into 5th outfielders and backup catchers and it's bad baseball (right up until the utility infielder starts warming up)

10th is stuuuuuuupid. "I don't want more fun high leverage situations with good players" said nobody ever

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/hbryant42/status/834202359374884864

I don't hate it but it seems so drat silly a thing to legislate

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It was a key component in 2014 EYBS against the Nats too

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Banished to the Pen, a nerdy as gently caress fan site for Effectively Wild, did a cool thing too:

http://www.banishedtothepen.com/springfield-17-a-modern-day-homer-at-the-bat-lineup/

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Your Taint posted:

That's going to be kind of an awkward tat if Baez ever plays for another team.

Changing teams won't undo the title (only Gleyber Torres becoming a superstar does)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"retooling your swing" works as a survivor's bias. We only remember the times it worked and the times it didn't are lost to the annals

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

A friend of a friend recruited me for his Fantasy Baseball league. I've never played fantasy sports before.

How big a mistake have I made?

Depends, how autistic are you?

Can you weaponize your autism?

(here you go: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807762)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

__________________________________________/

"Science tells us that if your UCL is already torn, it drastically reduces the chance of it tearing."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Statcast is going to have "hit probability" and "catch probability" based on historical launch angle/exit velocity data.

Sounds like a less sloppy way of measuring luck than BABIP. Cool.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

Jason Heyward is basically the worst baseball player in the history of the game.

Fun fact he literally never played baseball before last year.

Strange but true.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

GeneX posted:

Why are y'all responding to the return of McGibblets

beaning players is always bad and the game would be better overall if everyone celebrated their achievements and could be made to look like idiots if they gently caress up after celebrating

I think Yasiel Puig emphatically batflipping dingers is as important to baseball as him accidentally batflipping fly outs to the warning track

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pancakes posted:

I'm almost certain Christians believe Jesus was a closer, and how often are they even on base?

Not until they're married I think

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Uggggghhhhhh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jacking around the service time clock of your MVP 3B who led you to a title then using him to sell tickets.

That's Cub.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Jays pitcher TJ House took a liner to the head just a little bit ago, they aren't finishing the game.

https://twitter.com/tomyoung590/status/840308891527331840

God I need this.

He's okay!

https://twitter.com/THouse25/status/840348367616118784
https://twitter.com/THouse25/status/840348567101460480

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Twin Cinema posted:

Price is likely headed to the DL.

Also, are there any good baseball podcasts? I'm looking for something entertaining AND informative, and preferably about what's going on in the league.

Effectively Wild is my favorite but it's mostly tangential.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

John Wilkes Booth posted:

EW is great and recently they answered my question on their email show and it led to a ridiculous tangent about Barry Bonds. What more can I ask for?

Was that when they dug up his old like 3-4 year out projections? That was awesome.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/cjzer0/status/843326838495723520
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/843327054473060352

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"Hi hits it high. He hits it deep. It. Is. Outta here!" works because Kuiper can change the enthusiasm based on the situation and it makes for build up. It's not the same every time.

Jon Miller's "adios pelota" is charming but that's just because he's your baseball loving great uncle.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Suck it Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Poque posted:

Lol if you were rooting for the US anyway

Careful Trumps coming for you now

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ammat The Ankh posted:

If you're not watch the WBC you're dumb, also Stroman is tossing a no-hitter.

Crawford had Handsomeness Batted In... for America

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Popete posted:

He looks like he has lost a pretty good amount of weight but we'll see if he can keep it off.

oh like every single year of his career

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

For some reason I thought his problem showing up after the off season fat every year and slowly losing weight during the season?

Like he'd go home and just eat when he wasn't playing baseball.

No he would show up every year BSOHLing very hard and then as the season wore on he just gained a pound per game played

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sorry Jarrett Parker, you had a nice run in LF.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I want the Giants to convert save opportunities at a league-average or better rate.

I bet you want to live on the moon this year, too, bud

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It's the Dodgers pitching staff.

It's not like all of Ryu, Wood, Hill, McCarthy and Kazmir will stay healthy long enough for him to not be up in May

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

The amount of mental gymnastics you need to jump through to convince yourself that Joey Votto is bad at baseball are astronomical

I had someone literally block me on Twitter because he was so dead set in Joey Votto is Bad

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

I MEAN HE'S GREAT AT HITTING AND FIELDING AND GETTING ON BASE BUT DOES HE HAVE THE WILL TO WIN????

Three words

Are

Bee

Eye

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/ronkroichick/status/847952295274749952

Countdown to a phantom injury DL stint to kill his season starts now

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Barry Bonds retired and took competent left field play with him

https://twitter.com/NBCSGiants/status/848638986306191360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Shiroc posted:

Fernando Rodney is awful and I don't know how he keeps getting work

Fernando Rodney (1-0)

• Locked thread