Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Salvor_Hardin posted:

If hypothetically a player hit a home run but tore both achilles in the process and literally couldn't walk would he still need to touch em all for the run to count?

Gabe Kapler ruptured his achilles tendon on a home run trot and they had to pinch run for it. Tony Graffanino, who hit the home run, wisely did not pass him on the basepaths or it could've been a non-homer homer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
that rear end though :heysexy:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

YeahTubaMike posted:

Those thighs though :swoon:

it's full of stars.

edit: I'm a lot more horney for baseball this offseason than most

Poque fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 21, 2017

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spring Break My Heart posted:

If Jose has a good season, do teams really think their own fans will still be against him? When has that ever been the case?

https://twitter.com/BestFansStLouis/status/833741548630208516

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Troy Queef posted:

The Cards are doing something actually kinda cool this year: for $30 a month, you get an SRO ticket delivered via At Bat to every game except Opening Day, with guaranteed access to any giveaways. (Plus, the ushers at Busch don't really mind if you take over an open seat after a few innings.)

what the gently caress? why would you buy any other ticket than this?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lol if you were rooting for the US anyway

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Popete posted:

Apparently Panda fired his previous agent (and by extension his brother) and I guess it was a pretty big deal. He looks like he has lost a pretty good amount of weight but we'll see if he can keep it off.

but...what shape is he in?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
good. gently caress him.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
for every drink that Bryant forgoes, Kang drinks two

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
my god what a weirdo

*continues to cheer everything colby rasmus does*

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress tommy la stella

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I would like Addy to improve his OBP and Willson to not regress much as he gets more regular playing time. I would like for Juliana Zobrist to write an even catchier walk-up song for Ben. I would like a good moment to put in front of a moon in 6-8 months.

also a repeat blah blah

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Intruder posted:

Bryce Harper told me that if I could strike him out he would be my friend

~one day~

Hmmm.

Assume I am pitching to Bryce Harper. I am a 32 year old man with no baseball experience whose "fastball" topped out at 53 mph at the latest Cubs Convention. Give me a major league average defense behind me. Also assume that he can't walk, isn't allowed to bunt, and doesn't get to take a base when I hit him (he also doesn't get to fight me when I hit him). If you tell Bryce Harper that his goal is to get the highest OBP against me and he actually focuses on this, how high could he reasonably get it?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Julio Cruz posted:

Depending on how long the session is and how well Harper can ignore the (I assume) large percentage of balls you'd be throwing, I think he could get over .800 by focusing solely on hitting line drives into right center.

Also, I hope you have health insurance.

I nearly included a caveat that he wasn't allowed to go straight at my face once he was 1/1. I was thinking that over .800 should be easily achievable for him too.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

he'll throw one worse than 50 cent and then talk about Obama

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

tadashi posted:

Susan Slusser mentioned in an interview that a fan suggested the A's build a ballpark on a floating island that they can just move wherever they want it. I cannot wait for Flotilla Park.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Your Taint posted:

Being in the Cubs showers in 2004 with Alou and Maddux must have been awful.

Better or worse than the 2007 Padres locker room with both Giles brothers on the team?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CubsWoo posted:

it's actually #LoneStarGrits, their new ballpark food. Three cups of white grits served al dente and mixed with chocolate ice cream, Cholula Hot Sauce, two ounces of fried tilapia and topped with Haribo gummy bear shavings. Served in a souvenir cleat for $37.95

is Guy Fieri their new concessionaire?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Soon his changeup will be faster than his fastball

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
bees are our friends, please do not hurt the bees

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Joba tends to avoid insects now

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/847481137320427521

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
you have a weapons-grade fever and need an urgent lobotomy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
putting aside the teams they won with, it's actually crazy awesome that all three Molina brothers got world series rings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Julio Cruz posted:

The Alous and the Alomars have got to be up there.

The Alous are the only other trio of brothers to each at least APPEAR in a world series - Felipe and Matty appeared in 1962, Matty won in 1972, Jesus won in 1973 and 74.

• Locked thread