Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Is Joey Gallo gonna make the team finally and hit some 500 foot dingers or what

May I interest you in watching a certain Aaron Judge?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

YeahTubaMike posted:

A Cy for Syndergaard.

A Cyndergaard?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
re: Tebow

https://twitter.com/eutimioc2/status/846479195421102080

:ughh:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

Just a tad late.

He's doing something egregiously wrong with every part of his body.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ego symphonic posted:

Remember that DC and northern Virginia are hilariously, overwhelmingly liberal. Trump got like 4% of the vote in DC. If he actually ends up doing this he's going to get booed into oblivion.

He's going to get massively booed and also throw an incredibly terrible pitch, I'm looking forward to it.

Senf posted:

In celebration of 50 years in Oakland and of the Raiders moving away, the A's unveiled a new 80-foot-tall mural they commissioned from the Illuminaries, a trio of local artists that are all really, really good at what they do. They even let fans sign the bottom of the mural.

Pretty drat cool. New ballpark announcement should happen in the next few months, too.

Finally.

That's really cool. I like how the A's have really embraced being the Oakland team.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So apparently it's "unlikely" that Julio Urias will break camp with the Dodgers.

At what point are the Dodgers gonna let that kid loose? I realize there are development timetables and all that, but it seems like they're just keeping a front-end starter out of their rotation because they refuse to increase his innings limit.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bawfuls posted:

They hosed up his innings progression because of his cosmetic eye surgery two years ago. In 2014 he threw 87 IP and the following year he only threw 80 because of the surgery. So that limited him to about 120 last year hence they only want him around 160 or so this year.

Ah, I didn't realize the eye surgery kept his IP so low, that makes more sense.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bewbies posted:

So, a German lower league soccer team was literally run by the internet, and it has done brilliantly.

Baseball is so much better suited to this sort of thing and it needs to happen, immediately.

https://www.amazon.com/Only-Rule-Has-Work-Experiment/dp/1627795642

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

Brutal.

Also whoever wrote this is not very smart because Felix hernandez and his 89 MPH fastball (and 86 MPH Change up) are deffo not winning the cy young.

He also thinks Clint Frazier is going to be Rookie of the Year? He's like only going to be a september callup who wrote this crap lmao.

Those are two really dumb and bizarre predictions but Grant Bisbee is a saint!

Also I don't know why people seem so convinced the Rays won't be in last place in the AL East again.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Walrus posted:

agreed if you don't 'play to potential' for three years in a row maybe you're just bad

They seem to always be the easy "upset" pick for predictions, but it seems like everybody says they're gonna do better than the O's and Yankees at this point and I don't see why. Any weaknesses those teams have, the Rays have and probably worse.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Did they learn nothing from the greatest 1B of our generation?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I'm kind of shocked this isn't in Comic Sans.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/847893768988631040

:allears:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

imo the Cubs should do more things like this that are clever and funny, and less things like "That's Cub" that are unclever and unfunny.

I concur. Also while I love the YES ads, especially stuff like H2Bro, I am intensely jealous of the Cubs' acting chops.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Here's a piece about why Trout isn't a megastar. It's very good, and even touches on why scouts didn't really go see him much in high school.

https://twitter.com/MJ_Baumann/status/847620119463198720

quote:

With his big, ever-present grin, Trout often resembles nothing so much as a golden retriever given human form, and his attitude, at least as far as we know, is more ecumenical than Calvinist — he wants to play the game his way, but however you want to play the game is OK too.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 31, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

R.D. Mangles posted:

the reds have a pitcher named rookie davis and i'm like 99% convinced he is a fictional player from ken griffey jr super nintendo baseball

It's hilarious to see people keep saying this having followed him at least a little bit as a Yankee farmhand.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carlosologist posted:

Greg Bird hit the first dinger in SunTrust Park history, this is a sign of greatness

I should just buy a drat 33 jersey at this point, even if it won't come with any fun patches. My current Joba jersey is from 2008 so it's got the ASG and the "Yankee Stadium 1923-2008" patches.

EDIT: Judge is tempting, too, though. 99 is a fun number.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 1, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

patonthebach posted:

It was really bizarre. Yankees were 5th of course because of their starters. Orioles 2nd. Red Sox 4th! I guess Price stays 2016 Price.

The Rays will be in last place in the AL East again this year. I don't think the Yankees are 16 games worse, nor do I think Tampa has gotten 16 better.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Strongest and weakest divisions in 2017? I'd say the AL East is probably the best in baseball right now. Red Sox are the favorites but I wouldn't be surprised if the O's, Jays or Yankees won that division.

One injury for any of those teams could massively change the complexion of the division, it's going to be a roller coaster methinks.

If Price does end up losing significant time I think it's absolutely up for grabs.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
aaaaaahhhhhhhhh opening daaaaaayyyyyy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y5AcCGpVC8

• Locked thread