Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

cubs need to trade for this guy and make him lester's personal catcher forming the Yips Battery
https://twitter.com/CSNNE/status/832666355715313664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

Get this man some Fredericks of Hollywood catalogs and he'll be fine.

sad to me that it was the first thing i thought about as well

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the sign is that your cowardly IBB manager has to walk out of the dugout and do arrested development chicken impressions

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

huge fan of the new OFFICIAL IBB gesture

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Berzerker posted:

my dude looks like he glued on some scraggly rear end pubes. no beard that long should be that see-through

my dude looks like he was thrown off the house of david team

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

The ideal swing mindset is just to step up to the plate and imitate Gary Sheffield as closely as possible.

This is my strategy for beer league softball so I don't know how well it works in MLB but I figure there has to be some carryover.

hello my beer league gary sheffield bat waggle buddy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jason werth looking good this spring training

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Baseball umps refuse to throw out base stealers because of Zeno's Paradox

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 1, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It is because mike trout has no discernible personality and looks like a fire hydrant

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The NBA is covered like a soap opera, which is why it is so compelling. The NFL is propped up by gambling and fantasy. Baseball media is a bunch of Hat Guys who yell at everyone trying to be fun and baseball players actively attack fun dudes.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i believe in heyward

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Speech was worth every penny.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The WBC owns

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

stop trying to change baseball from what it should be: a remorseless murdersport
https://medium.com/@byctom/stop-trying-to-change-baseball-from-what-it-should-be-a-remorseless-murdersport-a7f2912f702b#.sf5uk5ss7

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tebow to three-day DL

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

TOOTBLASPHEMY

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's when the attack comes
swish
from the sides
from the two other tebows you didn't even know were there

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

get teebs on the American Olympic Handball team

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

one of the WBC announcers just compared bogaerts to jeter by talking about how calm his eyes are

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Thrown Out On The Basepaths Like Atheist Nonbelievers

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

In the big inning...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:stare:

e: this dude is pitching against 6'8" Nate Freiman, possibly the tallest baseball matchup

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 9, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the WBC is a ludicrous baseball freak show and it owns so much

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

got some feelings watching Old Man Dempster's glove waggle

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

next WBC is going to have a Philippines team so they can get Tebow in it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Woke up this morning to images of a jubilant Coach Nick Punto.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I am incredibly angry that Punto is Team Italy's third base coach and not the first base coach screaming at players to dive

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'd watch Fielder's Choice if the only guests were enormous, beefy baseball players. Today on Fielder's Choice, Ray King makes his special Literally an Entire Pig with special guest Jumbo Diaz and "Cowboy" Joe West

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

drew butera killed sal perez in the World Baseball Classic

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

alpha_destroy posted:

Ya, that might be a weird clubhouse environment in the future.

https://twitter.com/ithrow88/status/840723423156305920

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

In an absolute shocker, the World Baesball Classic is a complete clusterfuck when it comes to tiebreakers, and Adrian Gonzalez is pissed.

quote:

"They're trying to become the World Cup, but they're not even close to being the Little League World Series," he said Wednesday.

Gonzalez's Mexican team beat Venezuela 11-9 Sunday in Guadalajara, leaving both teams tied with Italy for second in Group D behind Puerto Rico (3-0). The World Baseball Classic Twitter account initially announced Monday's tiebreaker game would be between Mexico and Italy. But the WBC technical committee determined the tiebreaker -- runs allowed per defensive inning -- meant Italy (1.05) and Venezuela (1.11) advanced and not Mexico (1.12).
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ico-elimination

e: lol

quote:

Gonzalez said he spoke with Kim Ng, Major League Baseball's senior vice president for baseball operations, and was told the WBC technical committee was not responsible for the information disseminated on Twitter by the WBC and MLB.

"You're MLB! What do you mean you're not accountable?" Gonzalez said he responded.

Dodgers teammate Joc Pederson walked up to the crowd of reporters around Gonzalez and said: "Unbelievable, huh? What kind of rules are those?"

"Mexico! Mexico! Mexico!" Pederson chanted loudly.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

one of my buddies was a huge twins fan and went down to a small protest outside the chicago hotel where the meetings were happening, but the guy who got all the attention was, if my memory serves me right, an expos guy dressed like a robot

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 16, 2017

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hawk warning

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Benetti owns though. I was watching some Sox spring training at the gym on close caption and you could instantly tell it was him and Stone within 2 seconds, it's so obvious how much more Stone enjoys working with him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Death Vomit Wizard posted:

I'll agree with the above poster who said the Braves radio crew is better than Chip Caray. But I don't mind Chip. I mean of the broadcasters that can't shut up, at least he is really knowledgeable. The dudes who both don't know wtf they're talking about and can't shut up are infinitely more annoying. I often feel lucky to have such good local commentary. Also, in the postseason, the best is mlb.tv with only stadium audio.

if you did that though you missed out on some crucial information from joe buck, for example, here's a little known and important strategic fact about the world series: jon lester, the cubs pitcher, can't throw to first.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

If there's anything the WBC has taught us, it's that American baseball is literally the worst loving baseball on the face of the earth.

quote:

“I hope kids watching the W.B.C. can watch the way we play the game and appreciate the way we play the game as opposed to the way Puerto Rico plays or the Dominican plays,” Kinsler said. “That’s not taking anything away from them. That just wasn’t the way we were raised. They were raised differently and to show emotion and passion when you play. We do show emotion; we do show passion. But we just do it in a different way.”

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if you haven't been watching the WBC, you've missed out on 10,000 airings of the Nippon Express BASEBALL NINJA commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB2WVYN-Fxs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they don't allow you to have bees in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pancakes posted:

I am so mad that Chamberlain wasn't at this game.

"Joba's not on board."

lol

• Locked thread