Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

on the other hand, he's not actually dead, which is a nice surprise for cardinals fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

Timby posted:

I'll live with it if he ever learns to stop swinging at pitches in loving Naperville.

Edit: I just don't get Cubs fans' fascination with him. Sure, he's goofy, but he also, you know, kinda sucks at baseball.

uhhhh lol. He was a 2.7 WAR player even though he was protected against RHP as much as possible and he literally can't take a walk. He's good, just in a weird way.

IMB fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 25, 2017

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

Timby posted:

he still makes a ton of mental errors on the field.

You may need to get them ojos checked out. Baez had 11 DRS in 383 innings at 2B last year. Dustin Pedroia led the majors with 12 DRS but it took him 1300 innings to get to that number.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

cis autodrag posted:

The vintage baseball league fell through. I was the only female sign-up and the manager started by asking if my tits would interfere with baserunning. gently caress that. Hopefully I can get on a rec softball team this summer.

to be fair sexual harassment is pretty accurate for that era

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

beejay posted:

Maybe it's because I'm an NL/Cubs fan but it seems like people don't talk about Mike Trout enough. I suspect if he didn't play for the Angels and maybe had a cooler last name than "Trout" he would be more well-known. I mean right there, "Mickey Mantle" vs. "Mike Trout" c'mon.

Someone pointed out last night on twitter that the MLB instagram account has posted more about tim tebow this week than they have about Mike Trout in three months.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Don't throw poo poo if you don't want people bat flipping you.

God drat Right

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

"Santa Maria" is the worst call in sports.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

"Caught out there!" is even funnier to me than "Base hit!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
People that young are just weird. My boss' kid is getting married this weekend (he's 23 or 24) and he almost had a meltdown when his parents told him he needed to have alcohol at the wedding or people would hate it. It's apparently going to be dry. I'm not going.

• Locked thread