Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

NBA stars are a lot more marketable because they're on the court without pads, hats, sunglasses, or helmets, so you can see their faces. LeBron is on the court for 78% of the game on average, and he's one of only 5 players on his team on the court, so he gets a LOT of screen time, as do the other superstars from their respective teams. A player like Trout is only up to bat once every 2-3 innings and is only on camera in the field when he needs to field a ball hit to center. If it's a sunny day (usually the case in Southern California) he's wearing a hat, eye black, and sunglasses, all of which obscure his face. It's a lot harder to market someone like that.

Nascar guys are in cars with helmets on for entire races and they do a fine job marketing their stars. I dont even watch Nascar, but could probably spot a lot of them if they were in a crowd.

MLB just needs to pump the ad budget, get a ton of young superstars together, and shill the gently caress out of them. Get Mike Trout on Conan or some late night show hitting dingers in a parkinglot. Get Andrew MccCutchen to prank his teammates with something dumb, then youtube it. The Red Bull Kris Bryant video has 5 million views. Get out there and get eyes on your stars, and hope that draws them to games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
If someone dabs after a home run, can I hit them with a baseball their next AB?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Popete posted:

Rizzo gets hit all the time because he stands on the plate, it's not intentional.

It's a tradition but it's dumb, people can and do get injured getting hit by a 90 MPH fastball. Just because they grew up doing it and it was encouraged in the minors/highschool whatever doesn't mean it's good. There have been plenty of position players who have spoken out how it's stupid and should be done away with.

If they hit them with a 20mph knuckleball on purpose instead does that change your anger at it?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Julio Cruz posted:

Tebow got plunked then doubled off first when he didn't slide :lol:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

YeahTubaMike posted:

N: https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/840271769168683008

V: I need video of this more than I've ever needed anything in my life.

edit: V2: I would also accept a Frenchy GIF with Tim Tebow's face photoshopped into it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Your Taint posted:

Unless I'm not seeing something, that doesn't look all that bad. Unless it's the camera angle and my eyes playing tricks on me but it looks like it doesn't hit the ground till about shortstop.

Maybe it was a different time during the game. I just grabbed the 1st one I found.

Your Taint posted:

Tim Tebow was a quarterback. Quarterbacks throw things. Ergo, it's logical to assume he'd be good at throwing.

Do you remember seeing Tebow throw in the NFL? He's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Carlosologist posted:

how is Tebow still in MLB camp the season starts next week

Still selling tickets and jerseys.

• Locked thread