Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to admit I came into this thinking it was more SJWish whining about un-PC jokes but after kind of reading it, I have to think instead he was trying to commit career suicide and "nobody could possibly be this stupid."

There's easily offended and then there's "holy poo poo that was stupid." This is definitely the latter.
Or maybe he's a dumbass racist that thought it was cute? IDK THO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

He was being ironic. Therefore, he is should not be held responsible for what he says. Irony =/= responsibility! I wish these libarel cuks could understand this simple rule of the US CONSTITUTION!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Prorat posted:

He made a fake "commercial" for some other douchebag YouTube guy, it was "kill all the Jews, subscribe to Keemstar"

The joke is that this Keemstar guy would say something like that.

This poo poo taken out of context is what the media had been doing to Trump since the primaries. And people are falling for it like the dumb little bots they are. People will automatically believe every article written. It's all fake news.

Just like how people misunderstood the other 8 nazi jokes on his channel.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Prorat posted:

Who gives a poo poo, would you care if they were Buddhist jokes?

Please list things people aren't allowed to joke about, I love having my speech controlled.

Can I make a joke about Christians? Or talk poo poo about Christians which this forum constantly does? Please decide my speech for me.

Technically you are allowed to joke about anything.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I am sustained by the outrage over anti--antisemitism and watching white boys slipping on to it like the 3rd rail. Nazi jokes are a bug zapper for not-racist entertainers.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

Here are his eight nazi jokes

Two Keemstars jokes. One being a guy in Jesus outfit saying a dumb meme. The other being the two guys holding a sign saying death to the Jews while he laughs at both for selling themselves for 5 bucks.

Two videos where he engaged in hyperbole about Youtube's changing polices and dressed put nazi while reading their terms of serve. Occasionally he'd cut to a video of Hitler in both and do a nazi saulte to puncate his lame point. He's a pedanic nerd not a white nationalist

Doing nazi jokes aids real life nazis

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

My takeaway from all this is that the internet will just keep Godwinning itself even harder until the next Nero / Napoleon / Hitler slips into power completely unnoticed. :godwin:
You can dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxvAUXToSqM

temple
Jul 29, 2006

new phone who dis posted:

The guy shits out a torrent of stuff constantly. The half a dozen or so instances are found in dozens of not hundreds of hours of other equally inane bullshit. There isn't some sort of agenda or unifying theme at work other than his constant stream of mildly annoying humor.
He didn't kill any jews either. Maybe his hilter jokes were in good taste, hmmmm.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

People forget that Hitler was a victim of self-harm, anxiety, and depression. So much for the tolerant left.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I'm not a fan of PewDiePie's content, I find it insufferably unfunny and just all around poo poo. That said, by all accounts and as far as I can tell from his actions, he is a lovely and admirable human being. He doesn't seem to have let his fame go to his head, is constantly charitable and has good values, even if I find his jokes unpleasant. The fact that the media has decided to gently caress with him is a disgrace. Out of all the big gaming personalities on YouTube, PewDiePie is close to being the best human being. I know I've said it already, but this is a loving disgrace. Shameful loving disgrace.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Rutibex posted:

youtube and disney didnt drop him because of this trumped up bullshit. i think maybe it had something to do with his increasingly anti-media message?

obviously youtube cares more about him mocking their new youtube stars program, and is using it as a convenient excuse.
pewdeepie was heavily promoted by youtube and made a bunch of money for them. The only reason they would stop making money off him is if they were to profit off something offensive, like antisemitism.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I hope pdp and jontron and some other popular tubers start wearing Rhodesian flags and goose stepping ironically. It would be hilarious.
How can I encourage this?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The jewish conspiracy is denying me comedy and I'm not going to take it any more. *lowers mic/headphone set*

temple
Jul 29, 2006

So basically pdp was mad at youtube and print media and therefore youtube conspired with its competitor, who also run by tumblr, to get pdp to make nazi jokes so he would get fired.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axsoOgNi51g

Just lol, this guy had more comedy than I expected. RIP

temple
Jul 29, 2006

readingatwork posted:

Well let me help you out with that.

Nazis like PewDiePie, therefore PewDiePie is a nazi.

I like PewDiePie, therefore I am a nazi.

I like Something Awful. Therefore everyone associated with is is a nazi.

The people in this thread paid money to post on Something Awful. Therefore everyone in this thread is a nazi.

I hope that helps.
Who says death to all jews?
Nazis and pewd

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Junkfist posted:

Pewdiepie exploits and degrades everyone equally, including his audience and himself.
When has he said kill whitey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

smart move: pewd lays low for a few years, marries his girlfriend, comes back as pewDADpie and rebrands him as a lifestyle blog. Maybe play bad games with his kids. The alt-r will say he's some ubermensch preserving the 14 words and he's the ultimate stealth agent.

smarter move: pewd bleaches his hair, gets a hitler youth cut, and starts his own network of free-speech activists funded by koch, murdock, breitbart.

temple fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 18, 2017

• Locked thread