Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
So if HandlingByJebus has completed the current challenge, we now do his challenge, yes, not spend the next week doing power station pics first? I was a little unclear from the CA thread, it was implied they had used both rules at one point or another?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Bajaha posted:

:siren:Post a picture of your car with a fuzzy creature in the driver's seat:siren:
gently caress, I shaved today already.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

quote:

:siren:Post a picture of your car in front of a French restaurant / cuisine.:siren:

:siren:Post a picture of your car at a car manufacturer's factory or head office (but not one you work for):siren:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Bajaha posted:

Aww man, there's nothing close to me other than bus manufacturers.

Those count, right?
I'd say any road vehicle is probably allowed, seeing as that's the rule we're running for what you can have as yours in the photo?

I also suspect Adiabatic will enforce the rules on a basis of "smartarse or rules-lawyering answers may get a pass if they are particularly awesome or very funny indeed."

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Enourmo posted:

brb driving to disney world because what else historical exists in fuckin' orlando?
One of the few areas of Florida where "the residents" isn't a valid answer.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

angryrobots posted:

The major fruit tree crop in sc is peaches. We produce more annually than "The peach state" Georgia, and it's pretty much the only commercially viable fruit tree that's happy with our climate.

Welcome to the palmetto state.
Nah, peaches come from a can. They were put there by a man, in a factory downtown.

Fermented Tinal posted:

:siren: Post a picture of your car parked with less than 2.5cm or 1in of space between it and another vehicle. :siren:

:siren: Post a picture of your vehicle in a location half a mile or more from the nearest public paved road (public dirt tracks and forestry roads are permitted). :siren:

I'd suggest using Google maps or similar to confirm.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The point of attack will come in the five consecutive pole barns ahead.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Some of my cars are immobile objects.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm now really annoyed about missing the "off the ground" one, as I'm pretty certain my mate and I could've got a photo of us today lifting the remains of his parts car between us.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

You're acting as if there's a single person in here who doesn't own a pair of jorts :colbert:
My jeans are torn the other way, and if you want to see a fat hairy man's undies, call Micromancer.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
So I guess it depends whose curry night comes round first.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Astonishing Wang posted:

Can we stipulate that the person taking the photo can only be associated with one of the vehicles? You shouldn't be able to hard park on your own hard-parked vehicle. I think that's a rule in the bible.
Yes, while I took advantage of owning multiple cars earlier in the thread, I think this is a sensible rule. Only one vehicle in such multi-vehicle challenges can be yours, unless specifically part of the challenge.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Matt Criibabi posted:

Have a rental Mustang right now but no clue how to burn out, or even if you can in an automatic, and also been drinking since vacation started so it's probably not a good idea anyway....
In a rental Mustang, it'll be a little anaemic, but it'll do it with a certain amount of brusqueness in how you treat it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Locator posted:

What in the hell is the 'artistic basis' of a blue oval?
Calligraphy?

It's Kev with his Ford Thames that I find amusing.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

NitroSpazzz posted:

It's commonly believed the blue and white of the BMW logo represents a spinning propeller due to the companies history building airplane engines. The colors actually represent the colors of the Bavarian flag.
In fairness, they didn't help matters by using that very image (the roundel merged with a spinning prop) in one of their own adverts in the 20s.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
And why is is a rocking horse on the logo?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Locator posted:

I'm pretty sure that it's not possible for a Smart to have a "majestic" reflection. :v:
Skip lorries have rear view mirrors.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Well, this is the best thing I've seen all day.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

I drive a BBW posted:

I want to see a picture of your small car facing off against heavy equipment (excavator, bulldozer, etc)
*Stands in front of Cappuccino holding a shovel*

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

I drive a BBW posted:

I want to see a picture of your small car facing off against heavy equipment (excavator, bulldozer, etc)

InitialDave posted:

*Stands in front of Cappuccino holding a shovel*

:siren: Post a pic of the inside of your engine, transmission, or axle. No cheating with easy access points like fill or drain holes! :siren:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

beep-beep car is go posted:

What about weekend warrior Harley?
As opposed to what other kind?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

beep-beep car is go posted:

The all-original 1947 knucklehead my 71 year old father in law dailies in the summer?
Yeah, we don't get those over here.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I did have an idea, but I yield the floor to Meltie, primarily to find out if his idea is the same as mine.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, you've won there.

Mine was going to be a very small hot air balloon literally in the Land Rover's frame.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

buttcrackmenace posted:

Anyway. :11tea:Post a pic of your vehicle with all its wheels suspended in the air through non-standard means. (i.e. no jacks, stands, ramps, lifts, etc.):11tea:
Haven't we had this one?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The irony that you're too close to Coventry...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Safety Dance posted:

I hope the answer is "watch Twin Peaks episodes", but I know better.
:golfclap:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I was planning a similar attempt, but didn't spot any likely suspects while I was out in the 109.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

i own every Bionicle posted:

:siren: Post an action shot of your car fording a river! I want to see splashes and poo poo. A large puddle or sacrificial kiddie pool is also acceptable. You will need an assistant or a tripod or a GoPro on a fence post or something. Make it bitchin!:siren:

:siren: Y'all gonna give us the 101 on how to ghostride! Get out the way, let Casper drive!:siren:

Video evidence (i.e. a gif) preferred, bonus points to motorcyclists!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

meltie posted:

YESSSS! Fantastic :D where was this?
The appropriately named Watery Gate Lane, near the M69, just south of Thurlaston.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, it's been nearly a week, I'm surprised.

I do have an alternate challenge, but let's see if anyone can snatch a last minute victory here with one more day.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You have failed me AI. Hang your heads in shame. I'd go and do it myself, but:

Adiabatic posted:

11. No, Shitler, you can't solve your own challenge.
Anyway, on grounds of:

Adiabatic posted:

4. We'll give a challenge a week to get fulfilled. After that, democracy or fascism or something will decide what your horrible esoteric unpopular challenge gets replaced with.
Fascism it is. Here's an easy one to get things restarted.

:siren: Post a picture of your car with two items: One from as close as possible to where your car was made, and one from as far away as possible.:siren:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, I'm responsible for the current constipation of entries, so I'm offering the hot vindaloo of open interpretation to get us all moving again.

I'd say factory location of final assembly, not counting any remedial work due to import modifications locally. The more local you can make the one item, and the more geographically opposed you can make the other, the better.

So if you have a Wrangler, the Ohio state flag and a stuffed toy koala wearing a Perth t-shirt is a good combination.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

France, maybe stick to making cars
:staredog:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
YES

I think we need a special mention in the end of month dispatches for that one.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Delivery McGee posted:

Doesn't "Bimmer" properly only apply to motorcycles, though? Or is it the other way around? :can:
Oh God, don't encourage them with this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Astonishing Wang posted:

Please to explain wtf a gridgirl
Brolly dolly.

• Locked thread