Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

MrChips posted:

Different generations don't count.
I know a twin of my 'stang 2 streets down. Wonder if he's home...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

rdb posted:

Here it is driving on the back of a dam. I was a litttle afraid to go farther, it doesn't like mud.

:siren:post a picture of your ride being towed or towing another vehicle. At least two wheels need to be off the ground.:siren:
Does the other vehicle need to be a 4 wheeled vehicle?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

rdb posted:

Has to be a vehicle, motorcycle on trailer would be ok, pedal bike on a truck not so much.
Damnit. Well I'm still posting it for pure "You have a trailer hitch on *that*?" effect.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Tony Doughnuts posted:

[
Florida doesn't usually have storefront parking it these places so two pics. Broke the law for this one. Let me know of it counts
Why is there a strip of camo on your truck?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Fair enough.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

NOT AN ENTRY

Tomarse posted:

:siren:A picture of your car in front of a brewery/distillery. Please include a branded can/bottle/glass/shot of the featured alcoholic beverage in the photo (either on, in or in front of your car). Homebrew doesn't count:siren:
drat ye old picture rule. This was last weekend in front of Black Stallion Winery in Napa valley. :(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

:siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: Pretend you're a railfan! Get a photo of your car with the locomotives pulling a FREIGHT train. Passenger isn't my thing. :siren:

Edit: Stationary train is permissible, but it still needs to be freight and include the locomotives!

2 images to show its moving. Does "OMG its a freight train grab a picture for the challenge!" out the window picture count? If so...

:siren: Find something interesting more than 20 miles away from both home and work/school (aka something you went out of your daily path to get to) :siren:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

Featuring a copy of Gaiman's American Gods that I actually purchased from a library sale.

:siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: Let's get real juvenile with it. Take a photo outside of a place that has a suggestive or double entendre-type name (Dicks, Hooters, etc).:siren:

:pcgaming: BONUS CHALLENGE: if the person to win this challenge does so by taking a photo outside of a KUM & GO convenience store, I will buy you a forums upgrade certificate of your choice or an avatar certificate :pcgaming: (sorry non-midwesterners, but you can still win the main challenge):siren:

drat you.
non submission:

There's a dicks around the corner, I just don't have time to go grab a picture. :(
Was gonna go back to my previous challenge, because interesting things are interesting.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

HandlingByJebus posted:

:pcgaming::siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: Show us your vehicle being used as it was meant! Minivan filled with kids, Ducati at Starbucks, Jeep on a 4x4 trail, sports car at the track. :siren::pcgaming:
I've been wanting to do the same challenge, but excluding boring commuter type categories.

Kudos.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What could possibly be more used for intended purpose other than a Subaru Liberty wagon hauling poo poo, other than a Forester hauling lesbians? Sorry, aint got no lesbians so the Liberty hauling poo poo has to do

It's own engine with a blown headgasket. How Subaru is that?

CHALLENGE : Matt Criibabi response was so loving good that I had to think of a logical progression. Find a romantic spot and propose marriage to your car in the most romantic way possible over dinner / lunch / picnic / grease and oil change / whatever sick and twisted manner you can come up with
That seems more like storage than hauling. Unless it's moving under it's own power with the engine in the back.

InitialDave posted:

Well, this is the best thing I've seen all day.
Agreed.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_699353-Chevrolet-Aveo-T200.html

:frogsiren::siren::pcgaming:SPLISH SPLASH YOU'RE TAKIN' A BATH. WE NEED A PHOTO OF YOUR CAR GETTIN' CLEANED. GET YOUR CLEAN ON!:frogsiren::siren::pcgaming:
Damnit. I washed the car this afternoon but no pics. :(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Along those lines I really wish challenges were weekly. I don't bother 80% of the time because I know it will get filled before I can get back from a trip out to take a picture.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Eh, with weekly they'd have to be vetted, and that's annoying
Could do first post per page gets to post a new challenge.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Steam engines and hot air balloons. Are we trying to kill the thread?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

So basically high centered or.... [IDEA!]

:siren: Show us your vehicle with something interesting more than 10 miles from home and work and the path between them :siren:
(I like that challenge)

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 29, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I vote "yay"!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

NOT AN ENTRY
If I'd had more time this would have been my tire marks submission. Not too bad.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I'll do my mustang tonight if nobody beats me to it.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

This would be perfect if it hadn't been taken in March.

Also I love that picture and just wanted an excuse to post it again.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I was going to stop and take a pic if the horses were present on my way back to work (we're not) but I can take a different route and get horse pics on my way home tonight.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Larrymer posted:

You really seem to want to make awkward moments happen.
He just really wants to kill the thread.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

When we're done with this one can we please go back to sane challenges that actually get fulfilled?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Its this one. That ought to do. Fun place to see. I missed it on my first sweep, so I got to spend 20 minutes walking around Folsom and seeing a few other ones.

:siren: Let's see some pretty views. Lakes, rivers, ocean, cliffs, valleys... something natural to take my breath away :siren:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Humphreys posted:

A half assed entry:

Edited to timg
Too much car, not enough view.
(Also I want more entries. 😎 )

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CannonFodder posted:

That hazy blue bump in the back is Pilot Mountain. I think vinyards / distant trees / more distant mountain counts.
Not what I was looking for, but I'll allow it. Post yur challenge.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Bajaha posted:

Not an entry as the challenge has changed and old-photos don't qualify. I just wanted to post my vacation pics.
Thats exactly what I was going for. :(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

Greetings from the municipal swimming pool! The rock shower house was built during the depression as a WPA project. It's kinda neat. The pool itself is about 20 years old.

:siren:Challenge: It's also summer here and head indices were around 105 f/40c the last few days. Take a photo of your ride at an ice cream stand/shop. Treat yourself to something if you're so inclined! OR if you're in the southern hemisphere/some place where it's winter or cold, show me something chilly!:siren:
I'll get this one in a couple hours if its not done before then.

Edit: damnit. Stopped but forgot pics.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 24, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Unstickying this due to lack of interest.
:(

Stupid challenges being challenging.

(I didn't realize it was stickied)

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I'll take a picture on my way home tonight.

I think I'd prefer a format where it wasn't first to post wins, but maybe needs a couple votes to declare a winner and get the next challenge.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

ilmucche posted:

If anyone is still interested in playing the game, this should be a fairly easy one. I guess in the same vein of the date-your-car theme. Tell me why you love your car. Is your car beautiful? Do you hate seeing your significant other drive it away, but you love to watch it go? Is it rusty around the edges, but has a certain charm to it? We're car people. Tell me why your wife/husband gets jealous when you look at your car. Write me a sonnet about how the sound of the muffler scraping the road as you drive is like a bird singing on a spring morning. Why are you insane about your automobile, goon?
That seems.... difficult...to do in a picture thread.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

davebo posted:

It's been two weeks. How long do you normally give the challenges that aren't working out so well?
Short answer: too long.

Somebody post a picture, *any* (car) picture, and make up a challenge the next person can easily do.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

How was this not easy to do?
Hell, if your girlfriend is a blow up sheep that would have been acceptible. Suggesting horrific or funny should be enough to suggest no one actually go out and find a brolly bird but you know... make something up?
Remember you are talking about goons. Low bars are still hurdles to jump over.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Magnus Praeda posted:

Gwaihir posted:

I, Florida goon, will take this challenge! (As soon as the weekend rolls around, that is...)
I'll try to get one at 4,700' on Sunday (which I'll post regardless of if you beat me to it or not).
I might get the NV welcome sign tomorrow as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

CHALLENGE: Find a heavily modified version of your car. If yours is modified, find a stock one. Take a photo of them together as a before / after set.
I can't believe it took me this long to find a modified F-150. I see plenty of them, but not stopped or where I could take a picture. I'm on the moto half the time these days.

Wheels, tires, lift, brush guard. Not the bro-ish of bro-trucks, but should qualify. Even if its not the challenge winner. :)

• Locked thread