Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
This anti-Trump hysteria here is reaching a fevered pitch. The guy just wanted to give you a job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
It's hard to understand what is happening. Is Trump an idiot that got carried into office by racists? Is he a plant "Putin" by Russia? Is he a megalomaniac bent on world domination? Is he all these and more?

edit - Also literally Hitler?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

tenspott posted:

Millenials stand to benefit the most from President Trump's actions but they act like he's the worst thing ever. It never ceases to amaze me how people can be convinced to act against their own best self interests just because some twisted version of "social justice" told them to. Globalists and neoliberals destroyed this country's mfg. base and Trump is going reverse the damage.

I know. If Trump can actually come through with what he wants to do, revitalize the American economic base, these young people will have a better life than I had, even though they are most vehemently opposed to it.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Grevling posted:

Holy crap, people actually believe this?

How can you not believe it? They sent all the factories overseas for slave labor and zero environmental regulations, while siphoning off talent and money from the US

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Extra Large Marge posted:

If it weren't for those Unions we'd all be millionaire slaves right now

No, if it wasn't for corrupt lawmakers in the pockets of the mega-corporation lobbyists allowing the slow bleed to happen

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

it's called a bubble. maybe you remember 2008?

trump de-regulating the financial industry should fix everything tho i'm sure

Everyone knows there is a giant bubble. Thanks Obama?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Capitalism has given us everything though?

What has communism produced? The Ak-47? Which was just a modified STG-44

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm actually the kind of person that would buy a bulk crate of army surplus socks and wear them for the next 40 years

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Lumpy the Cook posted:

War between the US and Russia is something that's been in the works for years now because every time a nation plans to break away from the US dollar, they are targeted and eliminated- Saddam's and Gaddafi's administrations were working on abandoning the dollar and establishing new gold-backed currency for the Middle East and Africa, respectively. Russia made their plans for economic independence clear a decade ago, possibly even starting up a new joint currency with China, and America has been mobilizing its population for war with them since.

A Russia-friendly executive administration probably couldn't do anything to prevent such a war since those decisions, ultimately, lie with America's financial institutions. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Trump administration and their Russian ties were all fabricated specifically to give the US military an excuse to officially start a war.

In this era of global trade, you either play by America's rules or you get wiped out.

Everyone please study this post because it's 100% correct

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

and it will just get worse

trump hasn't mentioned automation once, even tho it has taken like 90% of the manufacturing jobs. he just points his orange finger at the brown people.

Why do hippies fail at 2 steps of logic?

1) Factories are still being moved overseas so why are companies doing this?

2) If there weren't low skilled jobs here why are there so many illegal immigrants?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Hate Fibration posted:

I believe the current data indicates ~75% of manufacturing job losses are due to automation, with only about 25% being lost due to off-shoring. And yes, it's going to get worse. And the people who will benefit from jobs opening up if manufacturing moves stateside are not in trump's constituency, they'll be the people maintaining, and designing the robots. Typically the technician positions will require an associate's degree at least.

So do we not even defend 1/4 of the jobs? I don't even get this argument

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

just wait until automation starts taking more middle class office jobs

i'd say everyone will be working at mcdonalds but robots will have those jobs too

I will gladly stand shoulder to shoulder with you fighting off the terminator hordes. I've already looked into what kind of shotgun shells are best for drones

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

rezatahs posted:

lmbo

and in your research did you find out which load reaches out to 10000 feet?

Yah I've got a powerful load that will reach 10000 feet

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Woden posted:

For real though, what does the US manufacture that average people actually buy?

I don't remember buying anything with a made in the USA sticker on it since the 90's.

Exactly, Thank you. I would rather have US created products that are higher quality and cost more than a bunch of cheap plastic garbage made by slaves

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

rezatahs posted:

shotguns and jammers

yeah you guys will be all set when skynet decides to drastically downgrade mil drone tech

First of all, I was "joking" second of all the smartest thing is for robots to just be like little shards of metal that form death swarms

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

i will be in my liberal doomsday bunker by then

picture this but replace the american flags and hunting stuff with rainbow flags and pictures of stalin

Sweet! Since you believe in sharing everything and no walls you'll be glad to host me, comrade

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Be the change you wanna see! Work up in a corporation and when it comes time for the board to vote "Yes!" for robot death, vote "No"

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I just want to earn enough money to buy a sex robot and treat her right

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

lol if you think america will allow something like a universal income

people would rather starve in the streets than vote to institute "communisms"

You think Americans are ideologically opposed to "Communism" this is incorrect they are realistically opposed to college educated pseudo-intellectuals trying to take their stuff that they worked for away from them

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Jukebox Hero posted:

Aren't you a college educated pseudo-intellectual? Like I think you described yourself as exactly that once

Yah but that died in me after working lovely jobs for a decade

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
It feels better to be able to work hard and prosper than to lay around asking for more, this is my life lesson I impart to you

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

hey spunky psycho ho, what do you do for a living? just curious as to what vitally important role you serve society

in before middle management in accounting

Middle management at a delivery company

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
If you want to gussy up my title it's Operation Manager at a Logistics company

Moving things from one place to another is useless?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Jukebox Hero posted:

SPH gonna get replaced a program and a clock and then WON'T WE LOOK FOOLISH?

Oh, I'm completely aware the time is ticking on my job, it's not long until Uber or computer programmers replace me

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

Yeah here's the thing, chief, you don't do that

Your employees do

Their timecards are probably already being managed by a piece of software, do you really think they couldn't just replace all the managers in your company with one guy who rubber stamps time cards and sorts schedules all day? Operations management is pretty much the most automatable middle management job. You are doing literally nothing that couldn't be done better with a piece of software

I wouldn't say better, I do organize and problem solve all day. Computers can do it faster and more brutally. It would be worse for the employees.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Jukebox Hero posted:

You are so hosed in the robolution dude

No poo poo, that's why I would like there to be more jobs.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Jukebox Hero posted:

Oh my god WORSE FOR THE EMPLOYEES, like they loving care

This is Uber, which people do not like working for.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

of course somebody who does a make-busy do-nothing job for a living thinks the solution is more jobs and not just a cut-to-the-chase GMI

I work non-stop, and also I make sure that my employees are taken care of in best way I can. I often battle management and take the side of the employees

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

you would know this if you'd ever actually done one of these coal, manufacturing, or warehousing jobs you seem to think really need saving

I've worked in a warehouse and worked off conveyor belts, yes

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Knight posted:

Lay off Spunky Psycho Ho. He's always posting through the workday like the rest of us, so he must at least work as hard as us.

Oh poo poo.

I do a million things at once, I enjoy mental stimulation

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

KomodoWagon posted:

No, he meant Uber, the competition, is not a good place to work, so by ensuring that his own company is nice to employees people will rather work for them than Uber. This means Uber will die off if he keeps his job.

It was even dumber than you thought

No, it means Uber is the future (unless there is regulation put into place) but people do not want to work for Uber

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I don't get what the problem is. I'm like a liberal arts major that had to work lovely jobs because I loving hated trying to go into advertising or marketing and it's not so bad. I want there to be more people working and more opportunities for everyone

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Everyone should know what the problem is - the .001% control 1/3 of the world's money

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Full employment is bad. You cannot have it. It leads to hyper inflation.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

The guy who handles scheduling and approves timecards for a delivery company has some pretty serious opinions on extremely complicated economic concepts

It's also routing, problem solving, interactions with clients, training new staff. It's a job all right. Should I be ashamed to work?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
There's an important fallacy in this call for guaranteed income

If you have no factories, no jobs, nothing in your country, where is this money coming from and why do they need to keep giving it to you? You'll burn everything down? Burn down what? They've built their worldwide corporate empire and they just leave you with the ashes and go to New Zealand or India

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Because they need people to buy their widgets otherwise they have no money coming in either.

But yeah I don't think it works if people's only income is just the guaranteed state income.

There's a whole world of markets, we only have a market because we have money, once we have no money, there is no market here

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Why would we have no money? We'd still have dollars.

Why would it have any value with nothing behind it? They can just say gently caress it and come up with the UniCoin or something

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Fiat currency has value because the state demands taxes be paid in it.

Everyone keeps assuming America will be base of operations for the corporate super state, when they can easily just move anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Why would they just abandon a profitable market?

Because one day, it won't be worth poo poo if the dollar isn't worth poo poo. There's billions of other people that would be happy to buy goods

• Locked thread