Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

old fat bird posted:

It's funny millennial's have only been alive for 20 years

sorry about your broke brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

El Boot posted:

I'm just baffled at how you could even pretend to think that comparison makes any sense

To be fair, Russia wants to aggressively expand its territory, undermine post-WW2 institutions, and would love America to turn isolationist.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

i think it is a bad thing that a branch of government may be unduly influenced and that legislators and intelligence agencies should maybe ask questions thank you

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

If you read the article they did ask questions and found no evidence of cooperation between Russia and Trump. Of course, that's not an exciting headline though :(

if you read the article it is an ongoing investigation that became relevant again in light of Flynn

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

Ah, the guy that Trump asked to resign?

yes the guy who was asked to resign because plausible deniability was compromised

edit- lol why do you believe the lie that he just found this out two days ago that was immediately debunked

Thirsty Girl fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 15, 2017

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

So Trump fired a guy that lied about having communications with Russia, and that somehow now means Trump himself has ties to Russia and is compromised? We need to come up with a witty name for this current left version of the Tea Party conspiracy theorists.

he was briefed about it months ago, pence went around denying it because he was misled, and then only fired because they got caught in a lie. did you not follow this at all?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

No matter how much I may or may not dislike Trump, without knowing what information he was briefed with, I won't fault him for either not acting rashly and immediately and/or waiting until further verification.

And it wasn't months ago, it was 24 days ago when it came out that Flynn had discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador.

yet he was totally fine sacking him within 24 hours of the news getting out lol

your argument is a joke

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

XMNN posted:

are you talking to yourself lol

lol

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

I think modern media with click bait headlines and 24x7 constant streaming of information has ruined peoples' long term memories and they forgot they used to mock people who they are acting in exactly the same way now.

you fault people for accessing "lazy" sources of information in order to lazily equivocate and ignore uncomfortable facts

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

I think too many people think the TV show 24 is a real life documentary.

lazily equivocate

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

I think people should go to the actual source of information and not rely on pre-edited, censored, and spun information, personally.

thats a nice easy way to discount an entire swath of investigative journalism

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

Do you have a particular aspect of something that you are extremely knowledgeable about, more so than the general public? Like, lets take any of the sciences for example. Have you ever known any news source to reliably, intelligently, and consistently report on any science information accurately without getting some important aspect of it wrong?

you are using this argument to suggest that the public should not be concerned with purported contents of classified information because they must rely on anonymous sources for that information and cannot access it in the same way that a national intelligence agency can

that is absurd.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Poetic Justice posted:

I'm saying it's important to be skeptical and not to just believe something because it's what you want to hear or fits your preconceived notions.

maybe you have forgotten the part where we began this conversation with "investigate seriously and diligently" and you compared that to the overt charlatanism of the kenyan birth certificate

if anybody is clutching preconceived notions its you

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Also lol that having Pence go around unawares talking about how nothing happened was necessary and prudent of Trump because of some reason.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

lol if you think the candidate who says that vaccines cause autism is a pragmatist

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

SBJ posted:

It's really a surprise that a disenfranchised and miserable population continously being worse off year on year voted for someone willing to at least give them sweet nothings rather than an organized machine of political/media might charging lockstep telling them their jobs arent coming back and that their opinions are worthless

i like how we cant talk about trumps ineptitude without getting into a discussion about how hillary wasnt enough of a liar

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Archer666 posted:

So based on the last few pages: Trump hosed a middle management IT guy, which led to the Democrats falling apart because it caused Hilary to not campaign.

Am I getting this right?

ya

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

feelix posted:

ensures*

lol at a trump voter lording over people for having poor language skills

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

a new study bible! posted:

You should probably just accept that Trump can do literally anything and nobody will do anything about it.

I look forward to the state of the union address in 2018 when President Trump will buttfuck a child on live TV and congress will applaud and we'll all go to work the next day.

p much

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

the guys modus operandi is to spew insane bullshit and it's pretty lol that people think calling him out on it is some horrible unfair thing

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Professor SJW posted:

media can try to balance out the negative stories about him with positive, but that is almost impossible. he's such a moron every day all the time.

breaking: big DT strings together five sentences that are coherent, substantive

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Friendly reminder, Americans: the last president who actually cared about you guys and your well-being on any sort of sincere, human level was JFK, and you blew his head open. Nice job!

i was nowhere near the book suppository

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Trump is possibly a huge con man or a political outsider who wants genuine change. History shall decide

"possibly" a conman lol

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

new phone who dis posted:

US presidents are cultivated from specific Ivy league groups that are really only opposed to each other nominally on face value. It's not really that surprising that an outsider with business ties might have contact and connections abroad that those generally insulated and carefully curated groups don't. You'll notice buried at the end of all of these articles is an admission that for all the surveillance done by the intelligence community on these folks, nothing actually bad has been detected. It's all a swirl of innuendo, anonymous leaks, rumors and whispers deliberately created to destabilize the administration from a section of very angry and very entitled elites. There's a reason Assange is hiding in an embassy for doing the same thing CNN and the Post are doing right now without rebuke and that's because of who it pisses off.

Trump is a clown but if you think jumping into bed with the CIA to try and force him out of power via lovely media sources is the way to fight him, you're probably part of the problem as well.

perhaps the fact that these articles do point out the truth that the investigation is ongoing and no smoking gun of collusion has been uncovered means that youre full of crap

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Toadvine posted:

Good post. I can't help but do an eyeball 360 every time I read any article sourcing "an unnamed intelligence official".

The intelligence community has made it plainly obvious they have no qualms lying to the public and elected politicians, acting counter to decency on any issue, and generally being crookedly inept, or is that ineptly crooked?

Actually, the sitting executive branch has made it plainly obvious they have no qualms lying to the public and elected politicians, acting counter to decency on any issue, and generally being crookedly inept, or is that ineptly crooked?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

new phone who dis posted:

Ongoing investigations where any possible detail that might make the party being investigated look bad being leaked by the people doing the investigating without hard details or sources is partisan bullshit being pulled by elites throwing a tantrum.

Flynn has already flown the coop in a few short weeks but yeah i guess theres nothing worth investigating or digging for

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Toadvine posted:

Then both are hosed up and you don't have to align yourself with either one just because you dislike the other more

simply not ignoring a burning tire fire is now "aligning with"

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Bholder posted:

Simce we came to a common understanding that both sides are terrible, when will the peasant rebellion start?

never because the peasants will either consistently vote away benefits in the hope that the economy will magically turn into a production base or that they will somehow become real estate billionaires

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

ha ha oh lordy these conferences are the bozo hour

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

a bone to pick posted:

This was a dank rear end analogy, but I prefer Harry Potter characters in my metaphors.

lol

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

500 good dogs posted:

Is incidentally the word you use so you don't have to prove anything?

no

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

500 good dogs posted:

oh what word am I thinking of then

"plape"

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Tezzora posted:

i dont think that's what triggered means