Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Hmmm

https://twitter.com/AriFleischer/status/831693450332499969

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

I really love when posters try to make a point by completely belittling someone's profession, definitely makes them look like the good guy.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
These current reactions regarding Russia reminds me of when Republicans flipped their lids when Obama wanted to open up diplomatic relations with Iran

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

i think it is a bad thing that a branch of government may be unduly influenced and that legislators and intelligence agencies should maybe ask questions thank you

If you read the article they did ask questions and found no evidence of cooperation between Russia and Trump. Of course, that's not an exciting headline though :(

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

if you read the article it is an ongoing investigation that became relevant again in light of Flynn

Ah, the guy that Trump fired asked to resign after the President found out he had misled officials about his conversations with a Russian envoy and could be vulnerable to blackmai? That guy?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

yes the guy who was asked to resign because plausible deniability was compromised

So Trump fired a guy that lied about having communications with Russia, and that somehow now means Trump himself has ties to Russia and is compromised? We need to come up with a witty name for this current left version of the Tea Party conspiracy theorists.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

he was briefed about it months ago, pence went around denying it because he was misled, and then only fired because they got caught in a lie. did you not follow this at all?

No matter how much I may or may not dislike Trump, without knowing what information he was briefed with, I won't fault him for either not acting rashly and immediately and/or waiting until further verification.

And it wasn't months ago, it was 24 days ago when it came out that Flynn had discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Russian ties is the leftist version of Kenya birth certificates

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Poetic Justice posted:

These current reactions regarding Russia reminds me of when Republicans flipped their lids when Obama wanted to open up diplomatic relations with Iran

You guys remember that, back in 20102009? "The United States wants the Islamic Republic of Iran to take its rightful place in the community of nations. You have that right—but it comes with real responsibilities"

Good times.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 15, 2017

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I thought a lot of IT jobs were getting taken over by cheap Indian/Asian IT workers?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

XMNN posted:

are you talking to yourself lol

I think modern media with click bait headlines and 24x7 constant streaming of information has ruined peoples' long term memories and they forgot they used to mock people who they are acting in exactly the same way now.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

batteries! posted:

Support and testing. Certainly not the meat of the work.

Didn't some semi important coder guy get busted because he was working from home and instead of doing his job, he was paying some Asian coder to do it for him instead for super cheap? I'm likely mis-remembering because it was awhile ago, but that's funny either way.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I think too many people think the TV show 24 is a real life documentary.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

you fault people for accessing "lazy" sources of information in order to lazily equivocate and ignore uncomfortable facts

I think people should go to the actual source of information and not rely on pre-edited, censored, and spun information, personally.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

thats a nice easy way to discount an entire swath of investigative journalism

Do you have a particular aspect of something that you are extremely knowledgeable about, more so than the general public? Like, lets take any of the sciences or even computer poo poo for example. Have you ever known any news source to reliably, intelligently, and consistently report on any science/computer information accurately without getting some important aspect of it wrong? The same thing applies to pretty much every category the news talks about.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

bag em and tag em posted:

We can only trust the tweets of dear leader. Only he knows truth. The news must be pushed aside. Heed the word of Trump.

Actually no, I think people themselves should go to the source if they want reliable information. Don't rely on other people to regurgitate how they understand something to have them explain it to you. That's how you end up with religion ;)

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

you are using this argument to suggest that the public should not be concerned with purported contents of classified information because they must rely on anonymous sources for that information and cannot access it in the same way that a national intelligence agency can

that is absurd.

I'm saying it's important to be skeptical of all 2nd/3rd party sources and not to just believe something because it's what you want to hear or fits your preconceived notions.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Thirsty Girl posted:

maybe you have forgotten the part where we began this conversation with "investigate seriously and diligently" and you compared that to the overt charlatanism of the kenyan birth certificate

if anybody is clutching preconceived notions its you

We began this conversation because according to you Trump didn't fire Flynn immediately and was just using him as some sort of plausible deniability chip. Perhaps Trump wanted some investigation done seriously and diligently before making that decision?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sorry, you think every single person has the time, knowledge, and access necessary to rely on primary sources?

Apparently there are no jobs in America so what the hell else are they doing!?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

You have no evidence there was any such investigation.

Yes. Thirsty Girl said Trump was briefed months ago about Flynn. My beginning point and first post that started this was we don't know what Trump was briefed with, and I personally won't judge Trump for not immediately firing Flynn because without knowing what sort of information was shown, it's not something I'd feel qualified making a judgement on.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

So what you're saying is that Trump was told months ago that Flynn did something illegal. In the intervening months, he could have been doing something that makes that okay, but we have no evidence of that whatsoever. So even though there's lots of evidence that Trump was aware Flynn acted wrong and ignored it, none of that counts, and instead we need to wait for... what, exactly?

I think we should wait for more information before jumping to conclusions, yes. And no, I'm not saying Trump was told months ago that Flynn did something illegal. We have no idea what was in the briefing. Was it perhaps "Flynn and the Russian ambassador where at the same coffee shop at the same time, while both were on trips to the same city." We have no idea what information was relayed.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

But there is so much information. The Flynn resignation is the result of many, many investigative reports. It's not a single story. This is stuff that has been emerging for some time now. All you're doing is setting impossible standards in which you'll keep asking for new information until you like the information.

It's not about whether I like the information or not, I'm pretty indifferent. The whole point was people are somehow saying Trump knew or knows or has ties with Russia because Flynn resigned and that Trump has known for months that Flynn had ties to Russia because he was briefed. What I'm saying is we don't know what was in the briefing. Was it perhaps "Flynn and the Russian ambassador where at the same coffee shop at the same time, while both were on trips to the same city." We have no idea what information was relayed in that briefing and again, I, personally, won't judge Trump for not immediately firing him after that briefing.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

So you would support congressional investigations to find out what Trump knew and when he knew it?

Absolutely. That's what I'm hoping happens. Until then it's just a lot of conjecture, assumptions, and inferences that may or may not be factual.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Great, then you're on the same side as congressional Democrats who are being blocked by the Republican party. Welcome to the left, new friend.

I've always leaned more left than right. I think some people get confused because I make fun of the left more now, but that's because it's currently a lot easier :)

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Jukebox Hero posted:

But liberal tears! The liberal tears, man! I'm taking enjoyment from human suffering, aren't I cool yet?

Is this the first republican president you've had since you were born, or what's the deal here?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Looks like Alex Jones is right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N4g0YDbGPE

What an amazing world.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Uncle Enzo posted:

I heard he politely asked netanyahu to hold off on building settlements. I'm sure that's going to work. I am literally laughing as I write this.

You can drink my liberal tears of mirth. I hope they enrich and sustain you. I wish only good things for the posters in this thread.

Jesus man. Trying diplomacy is a good thing, what the gently caress is wrong with you.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Uncle Enzo posted:

"No, YOU'RE the one who's angry!" said one confused, ill-informed poor person to another

Yeah, ok, are you just a crazy person or what's the deal here? How informed are you, exactly?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Uncle Enzo posted:

Drink more of my liberal tears, this naivete will ensure their continued joyful supply lmao

I will, and I don't need your permission to. But thank you for conceding whatever little bit of dignity you had.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Uncle Enzo posted:

Do you know what love is?

Love is fleeting, things are forever.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Uncle Enzo posted:

Do you know what love is?

Do you know what things are?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Uncle Enzo posted:

Please, trumplovers, tell me more. Tell me how he's going to solve your problems or make your life better in any way. Tell me how your life will be better without the ability to buy insurance

Tell me which world problems are going to be solved. Tell me more how congress is going to happily cooperate with him. Tell me how a guy who writes sloppy, vague EOs with no input or coordination with the people supposed to carry them out is going to make your dreams come true

Tell me how a Senate gop who is already, 3 weeks in, investigating senior members of his administration, is going to rubber stamp anything he wants

Nothing will make me happier. I want to hear your hopes and associations and plans for the future. I want to hear about how you'll just buy better insurance from a 9 layered shell corp based out of a po box in delaware than you have now.

Tell me you're buying a house, starting a business, quitting a job, based on what you think Donald Trump will do to make your life better.

The more aspirations you share, the more of my tears of laughter you can savor. It's a symbiotic relationship that I propose, I mean you no harm.

I don't think you are being honest and are trolling but if you are really looking for answers I posted it earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N4g0YDbGPE

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Guys! Trump is going to forgive your student loans if you help build the wall. $3 for every brick you lay down.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Uncle Enzo posted:

You think Trump is going to help you be a middle aged man ranting in a hot tub? Friend you don't need a president for that

God gave you one mouth and two ears for a reason. Close your mouth and open your ears. Hear what the world has told you.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I bought a robot to vaccum for me, and fired my maid, because it irl does a more effective job than the likely illegal lady I had working for me. Come at me.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
The wall will stop all the idiot criminals. The smart ones know it's better to get legit and go into government.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
SA has the smallest of walls and it seems to work. Have you guys ever been to another website?, they are filled with trash.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

I like how people think a wall is actually gonna stop illegal immigration like lmao it's 2017 not 1500

$10 stops the vast majority of poo poo for a website. Humans are lazy and don't want to put forth any effort. We don't want those.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
You guys are literally in a walled in forum, talking about how walls don't work hahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

nomadologique posted:

you are literally comparing the efficacy of an internet paywall to a physical wall built across a 2500 mile border on the surface of the earth.

i'll let you complete the assignment at home but by tomorrow i expect to see some comprehension behind those eyes.

maybe you should learn perspective and also realize people are really simple, as it should be obvious now.

• Locked thread