Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

redsniper posted:

https://youtu.be/4O_FSFC3ILs
Size comparison of the Friends. I assume most are from the game? Some of them are uh... rather large at the end. :stare:

I should have known they would have found a way to get Keroro and his gang as friends in there somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Command Ant posted:

Cardcaptor Serval is the most adorable. :swoon:

That's not Haibara Serval.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Maybe Tatsuki was eaten by a Cerulean and he'll be saved and come back the same and it'll all be okay right? Right?

Riiight?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Aurora posted:

not really unfortunately

The markets haven't opened in Japan yet though?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

"Resigned"

That's a funny joke.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

It’s been two days since this happened and I’m still absolutely livid about this and this has never happened to me before with any other anime-related thing and it’s not fun at all.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Revalis Enai posted:

It happened so suddenly, out of nowhere and completely unjustified.
What's worse is Kadokawa then:

-Victimized itself while vilifying the animation studio with a statement that turned out to be a complete lie.
-Tried to remove the news from Nico douga from the front line, got found out, then silently put it back
-Editing the title of the new article, got found out, then silently fixed
-Dwango then admit to manipulating the news but blamed it on moderators
-Announces a new Kemono Friends radio show despite the controvercy
-Make the VAs de-escalate the situation that they had no say in

It's amazing how loving bad the company is at PR.

Apparantly they also got Twitter to censor/blacklist the hashtags fans have been using the past couple days?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

an actual dog posted:

lol, people don't know how twitter works.

I constantly switch between twitter being a force for good, a force for stupidity, or both at the same time.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Agronox posted:

Did anyone say Animal Girlish Number

Watari was on it.

https://twitter.com/frog_kun/status/912325635502047232

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

leather fedora posted:

Nothing was specified so it's hard to tell.

Even if they are trying to salvage things, at least someone important realizes they screwed up. It still doesn't explain the unnecessary apologies from the voice actresses but...

I’m guessing stuff like the voice actress thing is “business as usual” when it comes to damage control and PR but Kadokawa either didn’t realize or mostly ignored the unique circumstances of this particular controversy. And it seems based on these recent developments they’ve wisened up.

Let’s hope this leads to good things, though that’s not guaranteed at all.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

At least he was with his true love in his final days.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:smith:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Maybe news of Grape-kun's passing will help Kadokawa and Yaoyorozu heal the rift that's formed between them and save Japari Park from ruin.

Hey we can dream.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I am offended by the implication that poor Hululu had anything to do with Grape-kun’s tragic passing.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:five: :five: :five:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Humans suck, Kaban chan is simply the ideal version of one therefore she is the only perfect one.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:emptyquote:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Welp at least I can take morbid interest in how much of a trainwreck this becomes.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Zeruel posted:

God please I want them to do something about it but deep down I know its impossible.

:negative:

Tatsuki has a new show coming out in a couple months, just go watch that instead.

I have a sneaking suspicion it'll be way better than whatever mess this turns out to be.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

cathead posted:

Is he actually doing another full series? I know he's had a couple things in the works.

Yep, airing in January

http://kemurikusa.com/

Based on a short they did in 2012, so not far away at all.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wait, is he talking about scripts for the second season or scripts for the first season.

Cause if it's the latter then oh boy.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm not sure what's sadder, Kadokawa doing this or Tatsuki being unwilling to this point to raise a stink about it presumably because "Japanese work culture" compelled him not to.

Good for him though if he's now being compelled to take action to protect his own rights. I can't imagine it would be easy to do that against such a large corporation.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Looks like trash.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Please, make it stop, I beg you

(second anime, uh, "visual")

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

What's the point of bringing back all the same characters if they're not actually going to be the same characters?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ah I see, we have double-jointed Friends now.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Zeruel posted:

Also, holy poo poo lmao

The Japanese have this odd ability to be utterly savage in the most polite way possible :stonk:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Revalis Enai posted:

There's a lot more down the rabbit hole, but the most recent bomb was dropped by the KF2 producers claiming that KF2 takes place 2000 years after KF1.

When you portray a post-apocalypse less convincing than the one in Battlefield Earth then you know you've got problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

There were 458 people willing to buy this mess???